Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNFAIRLY TREATED BY "DR BOLLOCKO" + BANNED FROM AFTER HOURS.

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Can someone please throw some light on this subject please? There was a thread opened called "your unpopular opinions" the idea of this thread is to respond with.....Wait for it....your unpolupar opinions.

After reading through the whole thread and realising that anything that i post here will not be as bad as some things that i have read.

What i posted got me banned and bear in mind there is FAR worse printed in that thread that what i said.

To top this off "DR Bollocko" bans me for 2 months....Does this seem fair?

Who do i complain to about how the moderators moderate? As i would like to make a complaint.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And have you PM'd Dr Bollocko yet as per the DRP first step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Spear wrote: »
    And have you PM'd Dr Bollocko yet as per the DRP first step?

I have, What is the next step to make a complaint? Who moderates the moderators?

Can you let me know or provide me with a link please?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have, What is the next step to make a complaint? Who moderates the moderators?

Can you let me know or provide me with a link please?

Thanks

The cat mods do, whom we shall now await.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi giant_midget,

this is fairly clear cut from what I can see. This is your fourth ban from After Horus correct? And you have a history of making racist comments on the forum correct?

In this case, in a thread about "unpopular opinions" you took the opportunity to once again post a highly racist and denigrating slur under a thin (and ultimately non-existent) veil of protection:
    All Nigerians should not be allowed drive on Irish roads, The [sic] lack the mental ability to do so in a safe manner.

While the thread was about unpopular opinions that didn't give carte blanche for the posts to contravene the Charter. I see no reason to call dr. bollocko's moderation into question here, he acted with due reason and cause.

Why do you think this ban is harsh given your previous banning history and the racist and offensive content of your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

g'em wrote: »
    Hi giant_midget,

this is fairly clear cut from what I can see. This is your fourth ban from After Horus correct? And you have a history of making racist comments on the forum correct?

In this case, in a thread about "unpopular opinions" you took the opportunity to once again post a highly racist and denigrating slur under a thin (and ultimately non-existent) veil of protection:
    All Nigerians should not be allowed drive on Irish roads, The [sic] lack the mental ability to do so in a safe manner.

While the thread was about unpopular opinions that didn't give carte blanche for the posts to contravene the Charter. I see no reason to call dr. bollocko's moderation into question here, he acted with due reason and cause.

Why do you think this ban is harsh given your previous banning history and the racist and offensive content of your post?

Thank you for your reply, as stated already id like to know why i and i alone received a 2 month ban for posting in a thread which was always going to be de-railed at some stage.

I have never appealed any of my previous bans, however in this instance i think it its wholly unprofessional to ban one person for a period of 2 months for a thread in which i posted my unpopular opinion.

You can call my comments racist if you wish but they are my opinions that i hold for my own personal reasons and i thread entitled "my unpopular opinion" ...what annoys me is that similar comments to mine are made on a weekly basis in AH and they go un-noticed.

Is this enough to justify a 2 month ban? What goes for some folk doesn't seem to go for other folk...the pc moderator in question needs to ask himself if he is capable of being inpartial, as i think he's doing a very poor job at it.

All i would basically like is a proper justification is to why a 2 month ban is necessary for me for posting in a thread that encourages posters to get a gripe off their chest

Thanks
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Thank you for your reply, as stated already id like to know why i and i alone received a 2 month ban for posting in a thread which was always going to be de-railed at some stage.
    If you look at the very last post on that thread (you'll need to log out to do that, but I'll post it here as an fyi) it clearly states that you weren't the only person banned at all - sometimes when a thread gets quite big in a short space of time there is a need to retrospectively moderate posters:

Last Post

Text:
    Just by way of an FYI to posters.

A number of people have been banned off the back of their input into this thread.
    I have never appealed any of my previous bans, however in this instance i think it its wholly unprofessional to ban one person for a period of 2 months for a thread in which i posted my unpopular opinion.
    As you can see from above you weren't the only person, and as I stated before unpopular does not mean you can say anything you wish.
    You can call my comments racist if you wish but they are my opinions that i hold for my own personal reasons and i thread entitled "my unpopular opinion" ...what annoys me is that similar comments to mine are made on a weekly basis in AH and they go un-noticed.
    If you have an issue with other posts, report them, they will be dealt with accordingly, but the only posts of interest here are yours to be fair.

Saying that that "all [insert race of choice] should not be able to do x" as they "mental ability" is not in the grey territory of racism, it's squarely in the Absolutely Is realm. They may be your opinions, but they are racist.
    Is this enough to justify a 2 month ban?
    Your last bans were 7 days, 7 days and 1 month. It's normal for the ban lengths to increase each time (in the hope that they may serve as a preventative measure against future misconduct) so two months here is quite fitting.
    What goes for some folk doesn't seem to go for other folk...the pc moderator in question needs to ask himself if he is capable of being inpartial, as i think he's doing a very poor job at it.
    As before if you have an issue with other posts just report them and they will be looked at by the Mod Team. If you find that you have an issue in general with the AH Mod team then you will need to start a thread in Feedback or the Help Desk, but personally I have to disagree with you as I find dr. bollocko to be one of the most impartial, fair and level-headed Moderators on the whole site. That doesn't mean that all Mods are infallible, but certainly in this case I thoroughly agree with his actions.
    All i would basically like is a proper justification is to why a 2 month ban is necessary for me for posting in a thread that encourages posters to get a gripe off their chest
    1. It's 2 months because your ban history would suggest that this is the appropriate length of time in terms of successive ban durations
    2. While the thread calls for unpopular opinions they still have to stay within the Charter remit: your post is a racist slur that contravenes this.

I support the ban - should you wish to appeal this further it will need to be seen for Admin review.

Advertisement