Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Bank Avoid Charges?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi so I'm currently with PTSB I have a current account and a savings account with them. As I don't make many payments with my card I get charged €12 quarterly fee.
    I heard something on the radio today about banks and charges and know there was 2 banks with no charges at all just cant remember which they were. Anyone know or suggest a bank to switch too. Also how do I do it just close my account and open new one. I don't have any direct debits or anything like that on my current account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

My Bank Ulster Bank has no charges. Not sure how you would go about moving your account to them but I think there is a number that you can text which you will find on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

My AIB account has no charges based on me having my wages paid direct into it each month and also making (I think) two bill payments online each quarter. I pay all my bills online so not too sure on the minimum required payments tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

BOI give you free banking if you pay at least 4 bills via phone/internet banking in a quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement