Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scoil Ide Corbally Limerick

• 08-08-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have just enrolled my son in this school as we have just bought a house in the area and he is due to start school in 2012. Does anyone have any recent experience of this school? I am hearing mixed reports and am wondering if it will suit him. He is a very quiet little boy and I wondered about the size of classrooms and kids playing in the yard. Also, not to sound snobby but I have heard that a lot of rough kids are now going to school there and creating a bit of an intimidating atmosphere. On the other hand I have heard some really excellent reports but these are mostly from parents of kids who are just transferring into second level. Has the whole ethos / atmosphere of the school changed in the intervening years?

I would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

try posting on the Limerick board and you might get a reply or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

I was there on teaching practice placement before and thought that there was a really nice school atmosphere. The numbers were quite high in the classrooms but there are fantastic facilities in that school such as the science lab, mobile laptop station, indoor PE hall etc.

I was only there for a fortnight but I got a good impression in that short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

Hi there

Im a past pupil myself and had many happy school days there, yes the numbers were very big at the time but its not as bad now. I think s ide must have 800 or 900 children enrolled but the facilities are excellent.
    I also have a niece and nephew going there at the moment, senior infants and third class, no issues to date, except that for my niece who is going into 3rd class in sept - she will have two different teachers who are job sharing, not sure how the kids will take to that.
    S Ide is a big primary school with prob 3 or4 classes per year, another school nearby is Parteen, which would be a much smaller school, mite be an option for you ?

Advertisement