If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space saving subwoofer

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for a space-saving subwoofer, something like the gallo MPS 150 (see http://www.anthonygallo.co.uk/pages/products-subwoofers-mps150.php ) that snugs neatly under the couch or the bookshelf.
    Can you get the Gallo by chance, or have something along those lines in your program?
    Budget is up to £ 650 / 800 Euro or thereabouts.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Thanks for the post and it's put my product knowledge to the test.

Space saving subwoofer always seem like a good idea, but the issue that I would have with the particular Gallo one, is that the money that you are spending, is all going on the design. For £650 you could very nearly have a 500 watt subwofer instead of a 150 watt one and you could also have a much larger driver which will inevitably end up in a much better and much more controlled subwoofer.

Do you know what measurements you are restricted to ?

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Hi there.

Thanks for the post and it's put my product knowledge to the test.

Space saving subwoofer always seem like a good idea, but the issue that I would have with the particular Gallo one, is that the money that you are spending, is all going on the design. For £650 you could very nearly have a 500 watt subwofer instead of a 150 watt one and you could also have a much larger driver which will inevitably end up in a much better and much more controlled subwoofer.

Do you know what measurements you are restricted to ?

Cheers

Dave

Hi, sorry for the hassle :)

I pretty much have two (easy) options space wise - a sub with a height of not more than 28 cm (~11") and depth of max 40cm (15.5") but almost no limit on the width (about 1m), or about 30x30 square and hight "unlimited".
    I can make room for a bigger woofer but that just means some more hassle with furniture and running the cable; and to be honest most standard sw boxes are just not looking very nice/

Hence was looking at the Gallo regarding height restriction, or something like the SVS cylinder woofer for the small footprint (eg http://svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm but that one is still a bit too big, and not sure if I can get in Europe anyway).

I am not concerned about the watt's, the room is smallish anyway - so it is almost form before function.

Thx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.