Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV application Health insurance question

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am about to apply online direct for a WHV, just wondering as regards the health insurance question - I don't have private health insurance at the moment, so if I was to answer no could this possibly hinder my application?
    I do plan to take out travel insurance before I go but for this month I have only budgeted for the visa so am just wonderinf should I wait until I have insurance details?
    Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Nedbroy wrote: »
    I am about to apply online direct for a WHV, just wondering as regards the health insurance question - I don't have private health insurance at the moment, so if I was to answer no could this possibly hinder my application?
    No you don't need health insurance, and has zero effect on your application.
    I do plan to take out travel insurance before I go but for this month I have only budgeted for the visa so am just wonderinf should I wait until I have insurance details?
    Any advice much appreciated
    Travel insurance is advised, esp if you are well travelling, as opposed to moving, but it's really up to you, some credit cards offer cheap/free basic travel insurance. Are you coming straight to Aus? If you are travelling around Asia first I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nedbroy

Thanks for that. Got the visa approved anyway so happy days. Heading straight to Perth in October so will sort insurance next paycheck, getcover seem reasonable enough. Dont plan on doing loads of travelling but do wanna check out the East coast after I get a few quid together. Anyway, cheers for the info.

Advertisement