Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant find online editor

Options
  • 08-08-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi folks

I used to use an online FTP client/editor that was made by an english guy. It was very good and got a mention in an article the guy wrote in .net magazine a few months ago.

Trouble is I've forgotten what it was called! very little information here I realise, but if anyone knows the site Im on about or a good alternative (kodingen wont open my files for some reason) I'd appreciate it! Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't know what you mean by "FTP editor" but for FTP upload and download operations I've used FileZilla for years without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Hi Malice

Yeah I use filezilla normally, but the particular hosting Im using at the mo is setup in such a way that I cant access it with the firewall im behind, in the cpanel or FTP...

What I mean is the site allows you to log in to your hosting, loads your files when you provide the FTP details and then allows you to open and edit the files, all online (i.e. outside the firewall)

Kodingen.com does this as well but is buggy to say the least and I havent been able to get it to open files for me recently :(

The site Im trying to remember is pretty plain, white, low budget/system looking interface and is very capable and does a great job...I just cant remember its name :(

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

More like amyeditor.com then. Except he isn't from the UK as far as I know. It's a bit mac like... OK, very mac like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

Or codeanywhere which needs a sign in but has an ftp client too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

wolf99 wrote: »
    I use filezilla normally, but the particular hosting Im using at the mo is setup in such a way that I cant access it with the firewall im behind, in the cpanel or FTP...
    That's annoying. Sorry I can't be much help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Hey thanks carveone, that looks good, Ill give it a try later on and see how I get on.

Advertisement