Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance.

Options
  • 08-08-2011 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

My house insurance is due for renewal shortly so I have been shopping around. Quinn want 455 euro on renewal but 123.ie have quoted me 290 euro..

It seems very cheap so I am asking you what are they like as a insurance company???

Cheers..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

They are a wholly owned subsidiary of RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

make sure you have like for like cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

TBH Id recommend FBD.

Its an excellent policy and usually very competitive.

Ask yourself,why can 123 come in so cheap?

Obviously cover levels wouldnt be up to the same levels as the likes of FBD,they also charge admin fee's for everything where as FBD dont charge admin fee's at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sirpix

If your a new customer some insurers will offer you cheaper rates than if you are an existing customer. RSA are a reasonably good insurer €290 is good value.Check your cover like Ravima said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I've just switched to 123 for my home and car insurance. Like for like cover in both cases at the cheapest rates, and I shopped around a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I recently had to renew my home insurance and due to the bad winter the prices have gone up. My present company give me a quote of over €400.
    I tried a number of companies on line and was quoted from slightly over €400 to over €800.
    The best quote I got was from getcover.ie for apox €243 for buildings cover of €190,000 and contents of €19,000.
    The policy is Underwriten by Lloyd’s.
    I did get a discount for not making a claim for included in the above.
    There are a number of excess with this policy but all insurance companies have these.
    I hope this is of help to you. It just shows that it pays to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

123.ie is owned and underwritten by RSA . RSA is a good provider. In my opinion one of the best on the Irish market. I have no affiliation with RSA.
    My father was quoted for a policy from RSA by a broker . The one he bought from 123.ie was the same but 300 euro cheaper.Both policies where underwritten by RSA.
    You will know what a good provider is . If you are unfortunate enough to have to subit a claim.For piece of mind read all the TandC of your policy or get independent advice from someone that knows about Insurance policies.

Advertisement