Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition from pad to stick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Only problems Ive had is getting DP's out quick or 2x QCF/QCB moves, I think Ive got a problem with letting the stick go back to a neutral state.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

If i could, i would switch to playing on stick myself, im kinda stuck tho and those things cost srs money for a half decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I had this issue too at first, so many dropped combos due to wrong inputs. But after a while ya just "get it". I did not even notice I was not dropping stuff anymore.

Just go into practice mode and and "I'm going to do 25 fireballs in a row", if ya miss one start over again till ya do it. Then do 25 DP in a row till ya got the hang of it. Helped me a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I'd recommend the "wine glass" method of holding the stick too, put the shaft(oh lord this sounds bad)between your middle and ring finger and wrap your hand round the top it feels awkward at first but it's very comfortable once you get the hang of it.

Yep wine glass helped me when I started on the stick.

When i got a stick i watched this vid and tried them all out and stayed with the one most comfortable for me.It helped a lot.

Check out the "douchebag hold"
    Same one my bird uses

OK does anyone have a recommendation for my problem at the moment. Say in marvel on pad can land a load of combos with super skrull cause I am calm during it. But on stick I Panic the moment I hit anything and drop it all.

Same on street fighter with vega close heavy into crouching medium. Only on stick for the equivalent of 2 and half weeks now (took a holiday) so I'm guessing it comes with time and muscle memory but just wondering if there is anything you would try????

Slight edit. This is only in games. In arcade or training I will land 90% of what I try. But in player games I just panic landing anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OK does anyone have a recommendation for my problem at the moment. Say in marvel on pad can land a load of combos with super skrull cause I am calm during it. But on stick I Panic the moment I hit anything and drop it all.

Same on street fighter with vega close heavy into crouching medium. Only on stick for the equivalent of 2 and half weeks now (took a holiday) so I'm guessing it comes with time and muscle memory but just wondering if there is anything you would try????

Slight edit. This is only in games. In arcade or training I will land 90% of what I try. But in player games I just panic landing anything
    Play more.

There's your answer ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Play more.

There's your answer ;)

Figured as much. Why can't there be a quick fix to everything :(

Advertisement