Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tyre cost?

• 08-08-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

i just got a flat on the back tyre of my hornet 250.
    i know they are fireblade tyres but i have no ideas how much a new one will cost.
    anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

what size are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

180/55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What size rim do you have? Is it a 17?

There are alot of things to consider when buying tyres. What brand do you want, what's recommended for you bike, do you want a sports tourer tyre like the Pirelli Angels or sticky ones like the BT014. How do you use your bike, is it for commuting or ripping the roads?

You could check the likes of crossans/cotters/paddy's pitstop for pricing of tyres. Buying tyres only from Crossans is one way to go. Cheaper to buy but it'll cost you to get them put on then.

For example, Bridgestone BT-021 rear for you from Cotters is €117, the BT-023 is €140 ( supercedes the 021). The BT-014, for more aggresive riding is €114.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭slapper2

www.motorcycleshop.ie have good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah i think its the 17. the last tyre that was on it was a pirelli diablo.
    mainly use it for commuting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

If you liked the tyre and felt confident in them go for them again.

I have a Pirelli Angel on the front of the Bandit and have no issues what so ever with it. It's a dual compound Sports Tourer tyre so it suits my commuting needs as well have a bit of grip for spins. Might be an option for you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

RosieJoe wrote: »
    If you liked the tyre and felt confident in them go for them again.

I have a Pirelli Angel on the front of the Bandit and have no issues what so ever with it. It's a dual compound Sports Tourer tyre so it suits my commuting needs as well have a bit of grip for spins. Might be an option for you too.
    The auld "which tyre" debate always gets some debate going.

I have been running Pirelli Angels on the TDM and the VFR for some time and find them great, like you said, Dual compouind so hardwearing for commuting and also good enough for a bit of hooliganism too :D

I get high mileage from the angels

Advertisement