Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Test on Contraceptive Pill - Need advise

Options
  • 08-08-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

When is the earliest I can take Pregnancy Test whilst on Contraceptive Pill. I am due to get my withdrawal bleed on Friday and took my last pill today! I have weird feeling that I might be pregnant. I was sick on antibiotics for first week of the pill packet and ended up missing a pill in second week and taking two pills on one day (26th of July). I have had unprotected sex in meantime:( I took a First Response this morning and it was negative but maybe it's too early.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK in terms of pregnancy tests, you'd treat the withdrawal bleed as if it's your period, so if you're due it on Friday and you haven't gotten it it's 'late'. Some tests say you can test as far as 6 days in advance of your period being due, but if you are pregnant there might not be enough hormone built up enough at that stage to test it. It usually says on the back of the box how far in advance you can take them, but that results are more accurate the closer you leave it to the due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So do you think if my period is due on Friday and I got negative on the First Response yday then I'm not pregnant or would this be too early?!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's due on friday as in 3 days from now, then it might still be a bit early. If you are pregnant you might not have enough of the hormone for the test to detect yet, it increases each day. When I found out I was pregnant, I tested the day before my period was due and it was negative, but the next morning I took another test and it was positive.

You may or may not be pregnant, I know it's horrible waiting and not knowing but I'd say hold off on any more tests until Friday that way you'll have given it a bit of time for the hormone to build up (if it's there at all).

Advertisement