Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Noob

Options
  • 08-08-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Complete fitness noob, was exercise phobic during my teens and 20's (at one stage I didn't even own a tracksuit or runners :D )
    About 2 years ago I got into going for a few jogs, would do that for a few months and then once the cold air would come along in the winter, that would be that. A few months ago I decided I wanted to get really fit and started doing the jogging consistently, and about 6 weeks ago I joined a women's circuit training gym and found I really enjoyed it, so when my month's trial was up, I decided to join a proper gym and give it a good go.

A few stats - am 32, 5.5' and weigh 71.5kg (was 75.5kg starting off 6 weeks ago)

Anyway just want to start off a log here to keep motivated and focused.

Sunday - Jog 6k (even though I have been consistently jogging I am very slow)

Monday - Gym @ lunchtime

I do 4 upper body machines and 3 lower body ones as prescribed by the trainer. I won't remember the names of all of them but the ones I do remember are:

Arm Curl: 20kg 3 sets of 12 (This is so hard even though weight lower!)
    One where you stretch out your arms and pull towards you - 30kg 3 of 12
    Another arm one (Tricep?) 30kg 3 of 12
    Chest Press 30kg 3 of 12

Leg Press : 70kg 3 sets of 12 reps
    Hip Aductor: 50kg 3 sets of 12
    Another hip one: 50kg 3 sets of 12

10 mins intervals on treadmill- 1 min @ 6.5kph, 1 min @ 10kph

And jogged to/from the gym (10 mins)

Oh.. and 40 minute walk with my mother!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

More of the same Wed.

And just realised I think its lbs rather than kgs!

Did the eight resistance machines and then some treadmill.

Walk on Thursday

Advertisement