Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3GS -Switching sims

Options
  • 08-08-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I have a factory unlocked 3GS and my contract is up with Vodafone. I want to get an andriod phone so I have ordered free PAYG sims from other networks to check the coverage at home. My question is when I put in the new Sim will it automatically pick up the 3G network or while it have to be updated on i tunes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It should be able to pick up on 3G straight away as long as there is 3G reception from the proivder that you are testing out.

You will probably have to sync with itunes to get carrier files so you can access the internet on the new network tough.!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

jay93 wrote: »
    It should be able to pick up on 3G straight away as long as there is 3G reception from the proivder that you are testing out.

You will probably have to sync with itunes to get carrier files so you can access the internet on the new network tough.!
    Would I need to sync with iTunes every time I change sim?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement