Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens in the airport?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey,

So I'm flying to NZ next week (excitement!!) and I'm totally prepared. Have books, bag and movies for if the inflight it crap.

The only thing that has me nervous is checking in at the airport! I've never flown this far before with connecting flights before and I don't know how the check in process works.

I'm flying London to kuala lumpur to Auckland. The longest change over is two hours, the shortest is and hour and a half.

Can I check in for all my flights in Dublin? Will my baggage change planes automatically? What happens?

I'm a bit of a nervous nelly over this one!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes you should be able to check bags straight through no need collect them. Check all this with the check in desk you Will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Heheheh - I remember being exactly the same.

As Zambia says, if you booked your tickets from Dublin to Auckland, you should be able to check your bags straight through at Dublin, so you won't have to deal with them again until you reach Auckland.

The check-in desk at Dublin can issue you boarding cards for each leg of your flight. If they don't do it, ask them if they can do it, so literally at your connecting airports, you already have your boarding pass, so all you have to do it get off the plane, get something to eat, stretch your legs, buy something if you want to, and then go through whatever internal security scanner they have and present yourself at your boarding gate because you've got your pass already - no queuing at a desk necessary. You should be able to pick your seats too at Dublin (to a certain degree -e.g. window or aisle or block of two or block of four).

Don't worry too much about your changeover times - since you've booked your flights as a string with one provider, if one of the flights is delayed and you miss a connection, it's up to the airline to put you on the next flight they have - you don't have to book another ticket or anything, just present your poor late self at the desk in the airport and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭jmurf100

About flights being late, does this also apply if you book your flights through ebookers? (was directed there from skyscanner.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What do you mean? If a flight is late, it is late, nothing to do with where you booked from ?

Advertisement