Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live on eircom broadband via pc ethernet

• 08-08-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

with my three broadband had no problem getting online with xbox 360 (linking up my xbox via pc using ethernet) now though when i have eircom installed says having ip problem anyone else managed to solve it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

it would be easier to just connect the xbox straight to the router, it sounds like you're having an ip conflict where both the pc and xbox are trying to use the same ip

have a look on google at how to set up a static ip on the xbox

This may help...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

I've done this before, was easy enough to setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Prob the network settings on the machine, just gota go in and configure a static or automatic IP... and make sure the router settings are good too... lots of resources on this, liek above...

Make sure UPnP and dhcp is enabled on the router and the proper ports are used for xbox live...

If you give the xbox a static IP, sometimes it's easier just to stick the xbox' IP in the routers DMZ.... infact to get an open NAT easist, just stick the router in the DMZ to make it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This isn't a broadband issue, so moving to Xbox forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

what os you on, xp or windows 7 or vista?

• Advertisement
Advertisement