Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA Network+ Query

Options
  • 08-08-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

Planning on sitting the above course. Does anybody know roughly how much to sit it?

I'm interested in studying the material myself as I have numerous years IT experience and just want the certification so was wondering if anybody had some good links for exam questions/study material? I've seen some but just not sure which ones are the best. How long realistically would you need to give yourself to prepare for the exam?

Any other info/tips much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Exam cost is currently EUR263 from Prometric site.

Two books to use are:
    CompTIA Network+ All in One Guide by Mike Meyers (ISBN:9780071614870)
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 by Todd Lammle (ISBN:9780470427477)

"I've seen some but just not sure which ones are the best." - Don't be shy, what ones are they?

It's a good certification to get under your belt, there is a lot of stuff that you will learn even with your previous IT experience (some of which you will never use, but most of it you should find interesting).

One final point, there is a big difference in knowing/understanding the full course content and getting the certification, but that's a discussion that has been flogged to death at this point.

druidhill

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Free Network+ training videos here :

http://www.professormesser.com

You could also try get CBTNuggets: Network+ from other websites ;)

I did a course on this but without the videos above I wouldnt of passed. Never picked up a book either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Padaer09

I used:

Book - Todd Lammles guide
    Vids - CBT Nuggets
    Practice Exams - Test King

It depends on what your previous experience is and how much spare time you have. I just had weekends and it took 10 weeks to cover book + vids and make some good notes. Then 2 weeks for revision and practice tests. You can change the date of the exam if you need to. Practice exams were vital, go to test king website.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PatDee

You could also try here http://www.testout.com/products/aplus/a-plus-certification-training.htm

I used it with great success a few years ago & passed first time. You will find it for free on the web if you look hard.

Ten week's is the recommended time to complete the course.

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Thanks for all the replies :)

I found the Professor Messer site excellent.

I'm now looking for some good free links to practice exam questions. Can anyone recommend any?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement