Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are we starting back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hi Doop, there's a PDF up on the website, only had a quick look at it there, here's the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I have a few repeats to do so I take it i'll be re-registering on the 26th September and will be starting college on the 1stOctober?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Yeah they never make these things easy to find!

Also its pretty stupid that people like you james_10 miss the first week or so of class whats the idea behind that? illogical.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hi James_10,
    I wouldn't be surprised if you start back the same time as everyone else, and then officially re-register at the end of Sept. If memory serves me right, a few lads ended up doing that this time last year, it didn't make a whole pile of sense but sure that's college for you!:)
    Best bet might be to contact admissions and ask them what the craic is. The number for the Registration is up on that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

good idea that the first years have a week to themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So glad I saw this link, still waiting to get my letter with the registration info from the college (wouldn't even have known it was next week otherwise). Anyone gotten letters yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aranious

I still havent even gotten my frigging giro to PAY for doing the repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DkIT_Computing

Week 1 of semester 1 starts on the 19th of September (induction week for incoming (first-time) first years runs from the 12th to the 16th). However, if you have failed subjects and don't have your repeat results before this date, assume you've passed and go to your classes anyway! It's better to go to classes and not need them than to fall behind in week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

Week 1 of semester 1 starts on the 19th of September (induction week for incoming (first-time) first years runs from the 12th to the 16th). However, if you have failed subjects and don't have your repeat results before this date, assume you've passed and go to your classes anyway! It's better to go to classes and not need them than to fall behind in week 1.

And what happens if you are asked for your student card?
    My student card for 1st year expired on 31st August 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I would imagine you just tell them you're waiting on your repeat results and give them your student number, which will be on their records since it doesn't change. Then they can verify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I would imagine you just tell them you're waiting on your repeat results and give them your student number, which will be on their records since it doesn't change. Then they can verify.

Oh right :D

Advertisement