Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bbnet broadband

• 08-08-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

hi everyone
    just wondering if anyone has experience of bbnet home broadband packages in the sixmilebridge village area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Hi Cookie

I just saw your post on my thread there.

BB net would only really be midband not broadband. Its sent via the radio waves not wired. Wired is usually better. E.G Vodafone or Eircom Home Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

ahhh ok im with imagine at the mo but we dont use the house phone but need a descent download speed. was hoping to move to a another company. heres hoping something comes up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

UPC

Kasabian wrote: »
    UPC

iv tried them a few times but we have no coverage and no time frame as to when they will have coverage. thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

INEEDANID wrote: »
    Hi Cookie

I just saw your post on my thread there.

BB net would only really be midband not broadband. Its sent via the radio waves not wired. Wired is usually better. E.G Vodafone or Eircom Home Broadband.

BBNet seem to be fixed wireless, providing up to 100MB broadband ..... hardly midband?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hiya,
    ive bbnet and find them good. what kind of speed do you need? i can easily watch movies And download music etc.. all good imo:)

I would need 4mb and 1mb upload. Do you get that?

hi,
    no im on the cheaper plan but it looks like you can get that...
    http://www.bbnet.ie/plans-pricing/

hubby wants to play playstation online (sad i know) will that work?

im not sure.. mr tree plays snooker games which wouldnt need much memory so im not sure about playstation games..it would be worth talking to them, i found then fairly honest as to what we'd be able to get from out package...hth:)

• Advertisement

Willow - What package are you on?

Plus could you go to www.speedtest.com and give us your speeds vs your package.

For playstaion Cookie you would need about a minimum of 2mb download and about 1mb upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

cookie82 wrote: »
    hubby wants to play playstation online (sad i know) will that work?

Hi, I have bbnet and I've never had any problems downloading, streaming or playing playstation online, there speeds are quite good and they have good customer service, go for it

jc84 wrote: »
    Hi, I have bbnet and I've never had any problems downloading, streaming or playing playstation online, there speeds are quite good and they have good customer service, go for it

Do a speedtest @ www.speedtest.com and show us your results compared to what you pay for if you can, it would be great.

Decided to go with BBNet.

Speeds and prices look good and customer service has been good so far.

Hope to have it installed next week and will post back on results.

hope it works out well for you. i tried doing a speedtest for you but i couldn't for some reason. but mrtree has done them and they are normally fast (when it wasn't i rang bbnet and they have sorted it out)..

Got BBnet so far so good

Getting about 3mb down and around 1 up so im happy

INEEDANID wrote: »
    Got BBnet so far so good

Getting about 3mb down and around 1 up so im happy

happy days think ill make the switch myself but am also considering holding on for upc their packages look brilliant

Advertisement