Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fencing

• 08-08-2011 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

is it possibe to run an electric fence off a battery as have a spare electric fence and it would be handy to use on one of our feilds where theres no electricity

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

from your post I take it's a mains fencer? if so you would need an inverter

http://www.nextag.co.uk/inverters/compare-html?nxtg=1840a280d16-5C2819A572515C51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

farmerjohn wrote: »
    is it possibe to run an electric fence off a battery as have a spare electric fence and it would be handy to use on one of our feilds where theres no electricity

no probs if its a battery fencer but not if its a mains fencer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭farmerjohn

i was thinking that it wouldnt be straight forward alright, how much would a battery fence be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

snowman707 wrote: »
    from your post I take it's a mains fencer? if so you would need an inverter

http://www.nextag.co.uk/inverters/compare-html?nxtg=1840a280d16-5C2819A572515C51

God, that's given me an idea ;)

I've one of those inverters. It'I give you 230-240V from a 12V supply, but only something like around 300W. It's ideal to power a laptop, camcorder etc. Must check the label on the side of a mains fencer to see what Watts it needs, not a clue.

We've a bit of land 7-8 acres away from house and was thinking of putting one strand of HT electic around it. Would a battery one power it or would it need mains? We'd probably be breaking it up temporarily with a strand of MS across it from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

farmerjohn wrote: »
    i was thinking that it wouldnt be straight forward alright, how much would a battery fence be?

120 to 150 including battery in our local (not so) friendly co-op store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement