Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS doubt

Options
  • 08-08-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Having been told I definitely had MS by two separate neurologists last year I went for my appointment at the MS clinic today. I had deferred any treatment until having another MRI but had decided no matter what to just face up to it and start treatment today, and now my MRI seems to show no lesions. Not just no new ones, no lesions at all. While I thought "Brilliant" and that it's normal for things to heal up like that early on the doctor today seemed somewhat stunned and ordered tests for sarcoidosis among other things. It took me the better part of a year to stop questioning it and finally accept the diagnosis but his surprise really threw me. It didn't make it any easier to accept that at the time I wasn't really tested for anything else apart from a few perfunctory viral studies. I've heard of people being diagnosed with "possible ms" but has anyone here ever been told they definitely have ms only to have another doctor decide they only "might" have MS? Have people experienced their lesions healing like that? I am fully recovered now from what at the time was apparently two flare-ups, so maybe he just thinks there's no need for any treatment. But last summer I had an awful lot of things wrong with me and it is only now that everything's back to normal and if there's something I can do to prevent it happening again too soon then I'd like to. I know it must really come across as though I'm whining about what is essentially good news but I'm incredibly confused and upset about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Eh, I figured out what bothered me so if the moderators could delete this thread that'd be a big help, thanks!

Advertisement