Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD4] - Sunshine and lollipops

• 08-08-2011 11:20pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

This will be more or less where I'll be fapping. So excuse me..

I love the MP5.
    I love the AK47.
    I love the P90.
    I love the AK74U.
    I love the M4.
    I love the snipers.
    I love the maps
    I love the smoothness of movement.
    I love the sound.
    I love the nice but tinge of gritness of the overall graphics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Agree, tis awesome, must get in a few games tomorrow.

Def gonna play the SP of cod4 and mw2 again before mw3 comes out, cod4's single player is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I forgot how much I loved this game, just played 3 games there and went 23-2, 17-1 and 30-6. Thats pretty good coming from a guy who usually gets scores on Bops like 10-10. God I love it! :D Happy days Crossfire is probably my favorite map out of the whole series, with Crash a close second

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Went to a 50-2 last night and got accused of hacking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I broke mine last week! :( Anywhere online selling it cheeeep? PS3 y0!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Duff wrote: »
    I broke mine last week! :( Anywhere online selling in cheeeep? PS3 y0!

15 squid in Smyths, second hand though.

• Advertisement

15 squid in Smyths, second hand though.

On the way in now. :cool:

Duff wrote: »
    On the way in now. :cool:

I'd give them a call if you can first duff. Gamestop if there's one near you, might be a little cheaper as I got MW2 for 18 quid in there last Saturday so I imagine COD4 will be cheaper.

One I was in was the Smyths Tallaght a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I love Promod

I love Promod

I love Promod

I love Promod

I love Promod

I love Promod

No way, you got into it!? If you getting into another one, find out who is host and add him! I don't condone hacking obviously but this is by far the biggest positive to come out of it. Plays and feels different doesn't it?

I'd give them a call if you can first duff. Gamestop if there's one near you, might be a little cheaper as I got MW2 for 18 quid in there last Saturday so I imagine COD4 will be cheaper.

One I was in was the Smyths Tallaght a couple of weeks back.

Yep, there's both GS and Smyths in town so i'll give 'em both a try.
    Cheers. :D

• Advertisement

No way, you got into it!? If you getting into another one, find out who is host and add him! I don't condone hacking obviously but this is by far the biggest positive to come out of it. Plays and feels different doesn't it?

Nah was in a mate's house and we joined a random server.I'll be back online on PC in Nov/December.Oh man though it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

<3 promod
    <3 star wars mod

<3 everything about this game on pc

Have to start ranking up again from scratch but it's a pleasure.

Raging clue.

Raging clue boner.

FYP

FYP

Watch South Park? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Raging clue.

Mine's pointing to the left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Started playing it a couple of hours ago, seriously pretty good part from the sniper constantly taking me out map, will have to spend a little time tomorrow with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Raging clue.
    Haha don't know why you said it but I fcuking love that episode

Raging clue = raging hard on.

I have had many raging clues today :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

After a day of this.. i can see why people love it so much. Theres defo a lot less bull**** than MW2 thats for sure and the actual gameplay is solid.

Sniping is almost perfect, tho i wouldn't say its more challenging than MW2. In fact i'd argue that its easier to do well sniping in CoD4 because there is a lot less bull**** going on (No noobtubers/Commando'ing and the AR don't seem to be as lazerlike as they can be in MW2).

Haven't noticed the grenade spam that some people talk about and besides the lack of host migration the lobbys have been decent enough tbh.

8.5/10... not bad for a 4 year old game.

Oh... and STILL QUICK SCOPE CHAMPION OF THE WOOOORRRRLD......... MAGILL !!! :P Just messing

Magill wrote: »
    Oh... and STILL QUICK SCOPE AIRSTRIKE CHAMPION OF THE WOOOORRRRLD......... MAGILL !!! :P Just messing

FYP ;)

FYP ;)

LOL, i have evidence of others using it well before me :P We had other games aswel :)

Raging clue = raging hard on.

I have had many raging clues today :p
    Oh i know what it means, I understand now you were talking about COD4 haha. Have to admit myself that I develop many raging clues while using the M40A3 and M16

"Lets follow your clue" :p

Have to say I really really enjoyed those few games earlier. First time since advancing from being a total scrub in Mw2 that I haven't shouted loudly in the mic once in a session.

Sniping, well I was pure muck! I will improve though with time.

Glad to see there wasn't many hacked lobbies when we played, less bs than Mw2 and even the CoD4 bs like Jugs and Martyrdom wasn't so prevelant as I expected/feared.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Have to say I really really enjoyed those few games earlier. First time since advancing from being a total scrub in Mw2 that I haven't shouted loudly in the mic once in a session.

Sniping, well I was pure muck! I will improve though with time.

Glad to see there wasn't many hacked lobbies when we played, less bs than Mw2 and even the CoD4 bs like Jugs and Martyrdom wasn't so prevelant as I expected/feared.

I snipe/quicsckope using an 6-8 sensitivity in COD4. I wasn't hitting a barn door in the earlier private matches. If I'am that high, you might have to snipe using 9 or 10 tbh. You might also be too used to having SOH as an option with the sniper too since you've primarily played MW2 and BOPS.

I've not sniped much in MP so far because I've been playing from 2 bar. Little point imo.

Personally, I prefer drag scoping too. Sure I quickscope, but meh. Rather make sure I get the kill. COD4 I have it down to a T for the most part. BOPS I can do it somewhat consistently. MW2 o_O , kryptonite innit.

Funny. But at least in private match, for the first time in playing COD4 since 2007. I'm actually enjoying the ACOG. Only took me 4 years :pac:

It's a shame none of us have the map pack (though I might rectify that this weekend!). Killhouse is a great map for 3+ private matches namely quickscoping.

3 times length of Shipment

Oh and if you want to hone you're game somewhat, I suggest trying out cage match which is basically public 1 vs 1 matches.

It's a shame none of us have the map pack (though I might rectify that this weekend!). Killhouse is a great map for 3+ private matches namely quickscoping.

I have the map pack, yeah Killhouse is a great map for private matches and Broadcast is a pretty good for online games, bright, lots of cover etc. Chinatown is an alright map, lots of places to hide. Creek, I'm not a huge fan, seems that nearly everyone uses snipers and just shoots at each other from either side of the map.
    Its definitely worth the tenner imo, better value than the MW2 and Blops map packs anyway where they just lazily rehashed old maps

Picked up COD4 on the xbox a few days ago. It's absolutely fantastic, I can't believe how wrong a direction mw2 went in from playing it (and I like mw2).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All maps and updates were free for the PC :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

RPD + grip + stopping power + silenced secondary = All kings of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Went back on cod4 last night briefly and it was good. The time difference in loading mw2 and cod4 compared to how sluggish black ops is to load is ridiculous. IW gives you your hit instantly, Treyarch's just are so slow and ponderous in comparison.

Then I pressed multiplayer and was greeted with old classes I'd long forgotten, I couldn't help but smile as each of my 5 classes had the deagle as the secondary. My primarys included the barrett, the rpd, and the g3 each one an appetiser as I scrolled down to my all time favourite; the G36c.

The hit detection was spot on (somehow I was on a solid 4 bar!), completely forgot it's a slower paced game than mw2 and black ops but because of the maps being so well designed that you're never left miles from the action. First match back was pipeline, I stayed over ground and fought the opposite factory which was held in a vice like grip by enemies. We lost but it was great to be welcomed back by one of the best maps in the COD series.

The next map was strike, another super map which I adore (only wetwork and countdown are maps to avoid for me). I sneaked around useing the deagle here (UAV jammer!) and managed to get a chopper but since the enemy were pounding our team with them constantly I never got to call it in.

Unfortunately the next lobby was hacked with super speed (I heard 2 other players and myself let out a collective groan) and backed out. It was all the more galling as it was backlot, 3 times I tried to join a new game of tdm but 3 times I joined the same lobby. With a pang of sadness I pressed the eject button and went back to MW2, not wishing to completely ruin what had been a wonderful couple of previous games.

I can see why people love this game still, it got so much perfect, guns and their multiple combinations with perks rule here. IW have continued to give us more and more killstreaks and attachments but the series is not far-flung-semi-implausible warfare it's modern warfare. MW2 and black ops were the more advanced in terms of equipment and gadgets but they didn't need them. Halo has gone down the route of extra crap and has lost what made it one of the most played games of recent times; the gun battles where superior player skill with a particular weapon was the decider. Know it's down to who has which armour upgrade or which vehicle etc. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is at it's best when there's very little vehicles as some are horrendously overpowered in certain players hands.

Give us guns, give us good connection criteria and hitmarkers, keep the perks balanced, don't overload us with killstreaks/vehicles/razzmatazz, make good maps, and make it reasonably pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Picked up COD4 on the xbox a few days ago. It's absolutely fantastic, I can't believe how wrong a direction mw2 went in from playing it (and I like mw2).

I'm surprised you were able to find a decent game. Anytime I've tried it's been nothing but hacked lobbies etc. Again FU activision for not supporting games that you still sell.

Not gonna lie... killstreaks in CoD4 are actually getting on my tits. Constant air drops/choppers when playing with randoms, thank god they stopped the ability to carry killstreaks over after you die(Noticed a lot of people getting chopper after chopper because they'd wait till they die before calling it in). Spawns are also horrible, you could have your entire team in their spawn and it wont flip !

How the **** are you suppose to take out the choppers btw ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

How the **** are you suppose to take out the choppers btw ?

a good rpg or mow into it with a light machine gun

2 people with LMG's take it down swiftly... hence why I keep saying use the heavy gunner default class. RPG's are ****.

You can take it out with C4 on some maps too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Not bad magill. Only lost 1 game out of 4 on host :p

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Not bad magill. Only lost 1 game out of 4 on host :p

:P I play better when im not hosting !! Honestly the reg was ridiculous ! :P

You were champion for a game tho ! Last game was tight !

Got a new highest killstreak, was around 17 :)

...ooh Shipment Domination just got picked, going to be mental!

Words can't describe how sh1t I am at this game on the PC, got it today, and it is so weird using a mouse and keyboard. Dedicated servers are beast though

:P I play better when im not hosting !! Honestly the reg was ridiculous ! :P

You were champion for a game tho ! Last game was tight !

COD 4 sniping is niiiice

• Advertisement

COD 4 sniping is niiiice

Aye, that it is.

Aye, that it is.

There's one thing about COD 4 that makes it easier to snipe than mw2. I iz not saying though

There's one thing about COD 4 that makes it easier to snipe than mw2. I iz not saying though

Your aimbot? :p

Some of the feeds in that game jesus. Cody's 7man SAW and Krudler's 6/7man airstrike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Played this today, I always go back to it every now and again. First game there was some clown underneath the map on Bog sniping everyone.

Then the other games seemed to be a quickscope fest. The gun of choice was the M40A3.

Still though, I'd play this before MW2. Still shiver with the thoughts of Marathon, Lightweight and Commando.

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Words can't describe how sh1t I am at this game on the PC, got it today, and it is so weird using a mouse and keyboard. Dedicated servers are beast though

Give it a while and you'll get used to it! Get xfire yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Your aimbot? :p

Some of the feeds in that game jesus. Cody's 7man SAW and Krudler's 6/7man airstrike.

you werent recording that were you? that domination game was insane firing into the general direction of the spawn and getting triple kills like nobodies business.

I agree with magill about the killstreaks, its actually annoying as fcuk hearing "our uav is online! our uav is online! enemy uav spotted! enemy uav spotted! our uav is online!" about two dozen times throughout every match, and its nade, nade, nade, nade. all freaking game on small maps, who needs danger close when you die and drop a grenade with enough power to blow a hole in the world behind you? I keep forgetting I cant shoot down uavs :o

sniping is fun though,pity the extra maps are still prices, you think they'd just give all the map packs for fiver or something now its been out years.

krudler wrote: »
    you werent recording that were you? that domination game was insane firing into the general direction of the spawn and getting triple kills like nobodies business.

Was indeed, I'll upload it one of the days.

Give it a while and you'll get used to it! Get xfire yet?

Yeah I'm getting a bit more used to it, nah I forgot to get it, eh I'll get it tomorrow :)

50 people on a Crash domination server...my dear God :eek: Cnuts then using Frag x3, almost every death I received in that death was a grenade death. And still I'd prefer it to any other COD

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting a bit more used to it, nah I forgot to get it, eh I'll get it tomorrow :)

50 people on a Crash domination server...my dear God :eek: Cnuts then using Frag x3, almost every death I received in that death was a grenade death. And still I'd prefer it to any other COD

The key is to learn the grenade hotspots and work around it :P Seriously, I managed a 90-4 game a few weeks back just working off the fact I know where grenades end up on Crossfire. That and I'm good at covering my own ass :P

3 games I played last night.

Those 3 games >>> entire MW3 experience :cool:

Gonna pick up a PSN Card tomorrow and download the map pack again. I miss Broadcast, Chinatown and Killhouse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement