Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ,2 wks, where to go?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Spending 2 weeks travelling around NZ in a camper van. Flying into and out of Auckland. Any ideas on where we should make sure to visit or what route to take?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

2 weeks is a pretty short time for the whole country. When I was over there I spent about 3 and half weeks just in the North Island and there was still a lot of places I didn't get to go to.

You don't say when you're going so I assume it's around now i.e. Winter time. That means you can go skiing or snow boarding in Turoa or Whakapapa, or Mt. Taranaki (I think you can go skiing here). I'd recommend it just to even get up on the slopes and take in the view.

When I was travelling it was Summer time so all the activities I did were outdoors. I would definitely recommend going white water rafting on the Wairoa. It's between Rotorua and Tauranga. It only runs on Sundays and I think during the Winter it could be every second Sunday. One of my highlights of the whole time I spent over there.

Advertisement