Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Naked and the Famous- Olympia, November 13th

Options
  • 09-08-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

So who is going to see them?

The Naked and Famous are a New Zealand band and are fantastic

Their name is fabolous, I searched them in on google and it blocked them from my search because of the search filter, they're too good for google

Their first album Passive me, Agressive you, another great name, is absolutely infectious and zany from start to finish and is a hell of an album, which I can't wait to hear live and in the Olympia. I've been to the Olympia once, but it was for a play ( The history, boys, anybody see it?), but it will be great to see them there, the footage I've seen from Glastonbury of them live sounded amazing

At tickets at €25 it's a bargain. So... anybody going to see them in November?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yep I've seen them twice before, amazing band, brilliant live act. 1st time I saw them it was before they had officially released their album, but everyone knew the words to all the songs, lead singer was blown away by the crowds reaction, it really was a special gig! Can't wait to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Will pick up a ticket for this. They were awesome at Glasto.

Opr

Argh Standing tickets seem to have sold out :mad:!! Dammit I hate when this happens! Ugh there is no way in hell I'll get a seating ticket for it, what do ya thing the odds of a 2nd gig are??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Seen them in New Zealand and at Glastonbury. Won't be going to the Olympia gig but I can highly recommend seeing these live. One of my favorite albums of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 callo21

any one have a spare stanbding ticket or know of anywhere to get one?

• Advertisement

Thankfully got myself two standing tickets from toutless, I'll see yas all there, can't wait for this now, if its 1/2 as good as the gig earlier in the year it will be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 finch

I'm looking for two tickets for the naked and famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

support announced...

http://hotpress.com/Youth-Mass/news/Youth-Mass-Support-at-the-Olympia/8487470.html?new_layout=1

Four-piece Meath band Youth Mass are due to play a promising support slot this Sunday November 13 at the Olympia, Dublin.
    Having previously released the EP Misanthrophy and the free download track ‘Tony Don’t You Worry’, they plan to venture out with their debut single ‘Wide Eyes’ this December.
    New Zealand band The Naked and Famous will be playing just the one date in Ireland amidst UK dates in London (Nov 10), Glasgow (15), Middlesbrough (16), Manchester (17), Birmingham (19), Cambridge (20), Norwich (21) and Portsmouth (23), before jetting off on a wider American tour.
    Tickets are €25 are available via www.ticketmaster.ie

Never heard of Youth Mass before, but from listening to them just now, they are fairly class alright!!! I'm really looking forward to this gig now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

I'm dying to go but now can't tickets sold out just as i had saved enough for them grrrrrrrrr .Hope ye all have a lovely time :) while i sit at home crying in a corner :(. I don't think there is any chance at getting them at this stage , i've posted on toutless but doubt i'll get tickets :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Ethics11

Well lads.....what did you's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Ethics11 wrote: »
    Well lads.....what did you's think?
    Personally, I thought overall out was very good. Although, to be honest I thought or got a little bit predictable or samey about 2/3 way though. (in fairness probably more to do with my location in the nosebleed section rather than a refelection on the band.
    Also thought the support band (youth mass) were really impressive

Great gig! I only heard about Youth Mass because of this gig, but have been listening to them all week, they really are a great band who should have more success! The Crowd for NATF were abit so so I'll admit, and what was up with the lack of any sort of proper interaction with the crowd (a few mumbled words that you could not make out between a few songs was all we got from the band!). But they were the 2 very minor points, NATF still put on a great show, such a class live act, I love any live shows with a healthy excessive use of a synthesizer like them ha!

Advertisement