Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Tramore Road

• 09-08-2011 1:29am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have any idea what in the name of god is taking so long to finish the old Tramore Road? I know they got an extension, but considering all the delays getting the project started and they STILL haven't finished it.

They seem to be doing other much bigger projects a lot quicker but this small project here in Waterford is moving at a snails pace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Simple the contractor has no other work and his hanging the dog since the day they started it! They always intended to take as long as possible on it to try and wait out the recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

yeah the road works are right outside my estate, road was fully closed from january till march/april and then partially closed/one lane and its still not finished 8 months on.
    i wouldnt mind if it was a massive job but its basically only putting footpaths in

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Simple the contractor has no other work and his hanging the dog since the day they started it! They always intended to take as long as possible on it to try and wait out the recession.

+1

Im living in the area and I asked one of the workers when they expect to be finished and he literally told me "ah we will get another few weeks out of this hopefully" :eek: I has been a massive pain trying to walk anywhere with a buggy or try to go to work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

January 6th was start date wasn't it? Sure they have nothing better to do, mind you they should be on a fixed contact so stretching the work out wouldn't make any difference to their income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

It's a joke, shocking how long there dragging it out!

The whole way through they have been starting different sections and leaving parts unfinished instead of starting and finishing the bloody thing. The footpaths are a discrace now and all I see are the workers standing around looking at the unfinished footpaths! Uughhhh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They have, and are in the middle of, a big project in Athlone which is moving along quickly. That's not due to finish until October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

surely the price for the road wouldve been agreed by tender no? so the length of time it takes wouldnt affect it... and sometimes a delay would cost the contractor money ??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Hi live beside that road too and it has been a nightmare getting in and out of the estate with the last few months, they put traffic lights right outside the entrance of the estate where you could be waiting 5-10 mins in a q to just go up a few feet to get into the estate, they seem to love dragging this project out for as long as they can, wish they would hurry up and finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

cowhands wrote: »
    +1

Im living in the area and I asked one of the workers when they expect to be finished and he literally told me "ah we will get another few weeks out of this hopefully" :eek: I has been a massive pain trying to walk anywhere with a buggy or try to go to work :mad:

bloody hell, thats some fecking attitude to be taking. Their contract should have required the job completed within a certain timeframe and there would be a penalty in the form of docked payment for every week they overran the time allotment. All private sector contacts are like this. A bloody sham, it smacks of the contractor being "well in" with the council.

Not so familiar witht he old tramore road, where is it? is it the one that goes out by Lackenwood and then crosses the bridge over the outer ring road?

EDIT: Ah i see it now on Google maps, Ballytruckle road up by the golden fry chipper. I used live there in Richardson Square last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Anyone know when the lights will be switched on??

Its pitch black from Avondale out to ring road, yet they have loads of lights the whole way out.. Rang the council but they said they would return my call.. over a week ago !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

The lights should be on for christmas!!

Its a dangerous enough road at night alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ikeano29 wrote: »
    The lights should be on for christmas!!

Its a dangerous enough road at night alright.

i think john o shea and john mullanne are switching them on live from the WLR roadcaster hosted by our very own silly, sorry i mean billy macarthy
    its sponsored by molloys and milton(hasbro)bradley so there will be free microwavable ribs if you bring a gift to put under the gving tree

really looking forward to this, i think its penciled in for november the 21st

i really must stop eating cheese at night

Advertisement