Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai /Search and Recue -Everywhere Tramore since 4.30am

Options
  • 09-08-2011 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

6 squad cars paddy wagon , rescue helicopter out looking and ambulance on scene . Gardai searching pebble beach .I Was told that 2 girls were attacked and a stabbing occured when i asked what was going on on the prom here .. Anyone any update ..

Up to ten Gardai searching the Lake area by pebble beach ..Looks serious

Still ongoing here and its past 6am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anyone know what happened in Tramore overnight?? Heard there was lot of commotion around Pebble Beach area around 4am?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

We are staying in Atlantic view and woke around 5am to a lot of noise, looked out and it was swath and rescue heli, was around until 6:30ish, don't know what has happened though! Anyone hear anything?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not in the city, but in the county.

Topic Moved

That chopper was going for at least an hour and was out further than the lake as it woke me here at about half 5. So was searching the bay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Fatal stabbing incident afaih

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

I took a walk around search was focused over pebble beach and around the trees. Their search light aided the gardai. I imagine they were use their ir too. Every now and again the searched along by the beach-back strand area. They also searched around rivers town too. Wonder did it have anything o do with the travellers that moved into tram ore yesterday-parked up by the gas pitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Cant get over how little information there is locally about whats happened. My 13 yr old goes down to the skate park most days and I dont know if I should let him today!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If it was a serious issue, people would be notified by the Gardai. Some things need to be kept quiet to aid the Gardai in their investigations. There are lots of rumours etc. but your son should treat it as any other day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carly_2011

From WLR news

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news.html

Gardai search areas of Tramore

Gardai in Tramore are carrying out searches in the Park area this afternoon following reports of an incident in the town in the early hours of the morning.Emergency services were aided for a time this morning by the Coastguard helicopter. Gardai are searching the area from Pebble Beach to the Prom as part of their investigations. No further details are being released at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mark_cc

Interesting, can't see WLR site now, prob bein overrun with hits over this. Have the Gardai finished their searches does anyone know?

I've heard some pretty serious rumours and while I accept that there's legs added to everything and they are probably not entirely true, but given the extent of the Garda operation, there's no smoke without fire!

• Advertisement

Care to spill on those rumours carly? A bit of over the top goss for the few pints later on? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Have just heard it may all be based on a hoax.....

Got the young fella to stay home and cut the grass so either way its a win for me :D

mark_cc wrote: »
    Care to spill on those rumours carly? A bit of over the top goss for the few pints later on? lol

Some fella handed himself into the barracks covered in blood saying he'd killed someone.

Man running around with a hatchet

Two girls stabbed/killed in pebble beach

Helicopter was doing a land search for a body

Like I said all rumors tho... good to see the Tramore gossip mill is still fully operational!

Holy pooh balls, if even a small bit of that is true = mental. Heard the chopper last night alright. So glad I moved back now! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34 funi1234

There's nothing like a good bitta gossip. I heard all those rumour too. Haven't heard any else about it though but it must have been serious with all the commotion I heard last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

heard all these rumours too!! its mad! hope its just a rumour! it would be bad for Tramore and for the holiday complex

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

carly_2011 wrote: »
    Some fella handed himself into the barracks covered in blood saying he'd killed someone.

Man running around with a hatchet

Two girls stabbed/killed in pebble beach

Helicopter was doing a land search for a body

Like I said all rumors tho... good to see the Tramore gossip mill is still fully operational!

And one girl possibly 'rapped' [sic] according to someone on Twitter...

In all seriousness though, hope it's just the rumour mill in overdrive... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Suggestion now that it may be just one mentally unwell fella. Authorities can't find any evidence of what he is suggesting. Gardai not revealing anything to the media all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

seems appropriate to ask this here but it is a city query,
    Any truth that a bunch of ppl got out of a van today and randomly attacked ppl in city square?
    (Based on rumor, no official source)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Any truth that a bunch of ppl got out of a van today and randomly attacked ppl in city square?

Didn't hear about that although got woken up by that bloody helicopter this morning. They were searching backgardens, if it is true I think they got the fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

On R117's facebook page it says they were called to assist Gardai in a search around Tramore after an assailant with a weapon claimed he had killed someone and that it appears it was just the alcohol talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

It was a hoax,no need for people to be getting their knickers in a twist.

That is true,people better lock themselves inside until these mad men are caught,i heard the number of dead is after rising to 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

It was a hoax,no need for people to be getting their knickers in a twist.
    Too late, anyone know how to untwist knickers ?

Big Lar wrote: »
    Too late, anyone know how to untwist knickers ?

A rescue helicopter and loads of Gardai it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭coldstream4444

Coming to Tramore to look at some holiday homes for sale in September. Maybe should go to Afghanistan instead?:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deisemum wrote: »
    On R117's facebook page it says they were called to assist Gardai in a search around Tramore after an assailant with a weapon claimed he had killed someone and that it appears it was just the alcohol talking.

People that make claims like that, getting members of the emergency services out when there is no need should be heavily fined. Jail is too good for them and its only the tax payer that will be paying to keep them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Deise Tom wrote: »
    People that make claims like that, getting members of the emergency services out when there is no need should be heavily fined. Jail is too good for them and its only the tax payer that will be paying to keep them there.

I agree plus R117 had a wasted night the previous night when someone let of chinese lanterns and this in turn had people thinking they'd seen a flare and phoned for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So, what happened ? Anyone ??

• Advertisement

Advertisement