Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

secondhandbikeshop.com

• 09-08-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

What's the story with this website? I just saw a picture of my old roadbike (Paganini roadbike) that I sold last month on it. The picture is one that I took in my living room and the ad is posted up by 'Theboss' - has a number of ads posted which suggests they are bikes belonging to others. My phone number is up there too. Not too keen on ads going up without my permission even though it might increase chances of a sale. Anyone else see their own items on this without their permission?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

id drop them a email and ask what the story is!

info@secondhandbikeshop.com

and let us know what they say plz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

This seems to be them, too

@secondhandbike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Whitehawk wrote: »

the email notification i got of your message is as follows:

"id drop them a email and ask what the story is!

info@secondhandbikeshop.com (support@buyandsell.ie)

and let us know what they say plz!"

wonder why did the buyandsell address appear. so is this who they are. would explain a lot as had ad on it.

Hi

Thank you very much for your email. Secondhandbikeshop.com is a voluntary service set up and run in our spare time by a couple of racing bike and triathlon enthusiasts who are looking for a good place to find and trade good quality racing bikes, tri bikes and gear!

We are looking to provide a great place for cycling enthusiasts to sell, swap and buy bikes and gear.

As we work on this in our spare time we can't guarantee we will get back to you right away but we will try to respond with 24hrs.

Regards,

The second hand bike shop team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭cython

the email notification i got of your message is as follows:

"id drop them a email and ask what the story is!

info@secondhandbikeshop.com (support@buyandsell.ie)

and let us know what they say plz!"

wonder why did the buyandsell address appear. so is this who they are. would explain a lot as had ad on it.

It looks like the domains for seconhandbikeshop.com and buyandsell.ie are at least registered to different parties, so nothing conclusive there to suggest that they are one and the same. They also resolve to very different IPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hi philip

Thank you very much for your email. Secondhandbikeshop.com is a voluntary service set up and run in our spare time by a couple of racing bike and triathlon enthusiasts who are looking for a good place to find and trade good quality racing bikes, tri bikes and gear!

We are looking to provide a great place for cycling enthusiasts to sell, swap and buy bikes and gear.

As we work on this in our spare time we can't guarantee we will get back to you right away but we will try to respond with 24hrs.

Regards,

The second hand bike shop team

fonejacker.jpg

Whitehawk wrote: »

Hi,

I am sorry if your bike is on our site still, please let us know which one
    and we will remove it. We tested using feeds / data from various sites to
    consolidate all relevant racing and tri bikes in Ireland, almost like a
    comparison site, but for various reasons we changed direction and removed
    all but eBay ads (and we put them into a distinctly separate section). We
    apologize if we missed your one, we will take it down straight away. We
    are starting out so we have really been just testing what can work from a
    practical and technical point of view. The objective is to have a simple
    site where bike enthusiasts can find a good selection of quality bikes and
    parts. We are not charging for the service, but it has been an experiment
    by a few bike enthusiasts and techies fed up of having to wade through the
    cheap mountain bikes and other non relevant ads.

Let us know if you have any feedback on the site.

Regards,

Jo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Bit like saying "We're testing our site by breaking data protection and copyright laws."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hi philip prendeville

I'd take your e-mail out of that before spam bots pick it up and start annoying the sh1t out of you.

Advertisement