Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It looks like Olympic Physique

Options
  • 09-08-2011 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

has closed down.

It was shut yesterday morning and when I went again in the evening, all windows were papered up with a sign saying 'Closed until further notice'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

And their website is hacked

http://olympicphysique.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Website has been down for a long time and was never updated anyway.

Would be a shame if this gym closed, I was a member up until about 3 weeks ago and it was one of the only decent gyms in the area with powercage and squat rack rather than just the usual assortment of machines and couple of DBs ya get in other gyms. Place was always very quiet though so closing down is defo a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I heard the boxing upstairs was keeping it going, which would explain how they lasted this long with a small membership.

We'll have to see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Galway City Gym is about to get even busier.......

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I think you might well be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Hi Guys,

I am moving into an estate near the Clayton hotel. I was wondering what would be the best gym for weight lifting wise that would be close by as i dont have a car and would like to knw if buses pass or anything.. I saw the kingfisher gym in Renmore. The pool is good but the weights arent too great in terms of space for deadlifts etc. What would be the best gym for weight training in the area and is olympic physique still closed?. Any help would be greately appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

zabba wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am moving into an estate near the Clayton hotel. I was wondering what would be the best gym for weight lifting wise that would be close by as i dont have a car and would like to knw if buses pass or anything.. I saw the kingfisher gym in Renmore. The pool is good but the weights arent too great in terms of space for deadlifts etc. What would be the best gym for weight training in the area and is olympic physique still closed?. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Galway City Gym.It may not be as pretty as some of the other so-called gyms in Galway but the combination of the members who train there and the no BS attitude to training make it by far the best gym in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

> Galway City Gym

It's in the Town Parks centre - number 8 on the Liosban neighbourhood map. From the Clayton, the number 3 bus goes right past there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Perfect guys! Thats exactly what i needed to know!

Thanks a million :)

Advertisement