Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connection

Options
  • 09-08-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, if i order a broadband, can the router be delivered to my workplace?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

finnteme wrote: »
    Hi, if i order a broadband, can the router be delivered to my workplace?

Hi finnteme,

Yes you can chose an alternative postal adress for the modem to be delivered rather than the postal/installation address.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

just noticed that i cant do the order online, since i have existing broadband from Magnet.

Is there any office i can popin in Dublin city center to make the order, and what i need to bring with me?

just noticed that i cant do the order online, since i have existing broadband from Magnet.

Is there any office i can popin in Dublin city center to make the order, and what i need to bring with me?

Hi finnteme,

As you are currently a magnet customer a new line will need to be installed in order to try and get broadband as magnet work on a different network. If you PM your address I can check it out in more detail. At the moment eircom have a promotion running for full line connections until December this year worth €121.93.

There is a lead time of 5-10 working days for a new installation.

With any new line there is a minimum contract of 6 months which incurs a early cancellation fee if cancelled or if the customer moves to another provider.

In relation to broadband, eircom can never guarantee broadband to a new installation as the line needs to be connected and subsequently test for broadband before we can give an indication as to service / speed availability.

I am afarid the order has to be placed either over the phone or online. So if you wish to go ahead you can call our sales and services team on 1800 242 633 and they can set up your account. Or you can place the order online - http://bit.ly/gGHxAW

Thanks, Mark

No, its not possible to do it online, receiving this:
    Simply Download this form (PDF) and return it to:

Customer Authorisation Uniteircom5th Floor Telephone HouseMarlborough St.Dublin 1. Alternatively call 1800 242 629
    Lines open 9am–9pm Monday to Friday

I will send you a pm with my details.
    I had Eircom phoneline earlier connected to the house.

No, its not possible to do it online, receiving this:
    Simply Download this form (PDF) and return it to:

Customer Authorisation Uniteircom5th Floor Telephone HouseMarlborough St.Dublin 1. Alternatively call 1800 242 629
    Lines open 9am–9pm Monday to Friday

I will send you a pm with my details.
    I had Eircom phoneline earlier connected to the house.

Hi,

DM you there.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

already having troubles to sign on, being bounced, and promised call backs, and asked to call back, just to be told that someone will call me back.

:mad:

already having troubles to sign on, being bounced, and promised call backs, and asked to call back, just to be told that someone will call me back.

:mad:
    Fixed now. One more question, when my line is active, do i need to order the broadband separetly?

Fixed now. One more question, when my line is active, do i need to order the broadband separetly?

Hi finnteme,

Did you get a call back as of yet?

Mark

Hi finnteme,

Did you get a call back as of yet?

Mark
    Yes got the callback, thx for arranging that. Line reactivation is now ordered. Still little unclear if i need to order the broadband separetly when line is connected?

Yes got the callback, thx for arranging that. Line reactivation is now ordered. Still little unclear if i need to order the broadband separetly when line is connected?

Hi finnteme,

I got your follow up PM thanks I will check with our winback team and confirm the order was processed correctly and I will get back to you today.

As the line has to be a full connection, the line needs to be connected and tested before we can issue the broadband order.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme,

I can confirm the order is in place to set up and transfer the line back to eircom and I will track the order and keep you updated.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement