Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connell St Incident

• 09-08-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

What's with all the cops around McDonalds/Vodafone on O'Connell St?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Are the riots spreading, better run home and get my balaclava, could do with a free phone and burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    What's with all the cops around McDonalds/Vodafone on O'Connell St?

McDonalds added the sausage and egg mcmuffin to the eurosaver menu...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    McDonalds added the sausage and egg mcmuffin to the eurosaver menu...

And they needed credit to text their mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

apperently someone was just taken out of vodafone on a stretcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

caspa307 wrote: »
    apperently someone was just taken out of vodafone on a stretcher

Staff member attacked and beaten in an attempted robbery is what I'm hearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Staff member attacked and beaten in an attempted robbery is what I'm hearing.

Oh crap I know someone working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Lad opening the shop was set upon by knacker muggers, taken into the shop and got the living ****e kicked out of him. Nice lad he is too :( hope he's ok. There's some scum around this town....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hope he's ok. Hope they get the ****ers too who did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

"Inspired" by events in London? ****ing lowlifes :mad:

I know that in the Greenfields area that a number of wheelie bins etc were set alight last night along with damage to some cars.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Hope he's ok. Hope they get the ****ers too who did it

Yep hope he is not hurt badly and that the utter scum that did this walk in front of a truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hate the Queen/England etc. Brits Out!!!

Oh they're Rioting... thats pretty cool!

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Not having a go at you, having a go at the "clever lads" in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Scum, utter scum!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

jesus that poor person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

2FM news says injuries aren't life threatening

leakyboots wrote: »
    2FM news says injuries aren't life threatening

That is good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

****ing scum! Giving an honest working man a batin' for a few poxy phones. I hope they are caught from CCTV. I always defend my City but this is the kind of stuff that's indefensible and down right disgraceful.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hopefully as it was early in the day these knackers will stand out like sore thumbs in the cctv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

MarkR wrote: »
    Hopefully as it was early in the day these knackers will stand out like sore thumbs in the cctv.

finding them afterwards is where the gardai often fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

When is the last time you were in town? Hoody and Tracksuit bottoms = camoflague.

We need a zero tolerance justice system. If they're underage fine/jail the parents. If they are on social wellfare - stop their payments. If they are out on bail double fines/sentence. If they have kids take them off them. Sterilisation should be considered to prevent them producing more sc*m.

Cnuts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

a few cops walking around would be a good start too..a sight that is rare enough in Limerick during the day imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The lack of police patroling the streets is ridiculous in Limerick for a city with such a large number of cops.

Gaurds turning up after robberies is f all good. I remember working in a well know off licence in Thomandgate and it got held up, hit the panic alarm that goes straight to Henry street a week later two cops arrived to ask if we got robbed. :rolleyes:

This poor guy will still suffer long after the bruises are healed. Something like that can really knock your confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The story's up on the Irish Times website. Hope he makes a good recovery.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0809/breaking39.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

gaf1983 wrote: »
    The story's up on the Irish Times website. Hope he makes a good recovery.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0809/breaking39.html

Sounds odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even if these lowlifes are put before the courts they will probably just add one more offence to the list they already have. Be given a fine, told not to do again and be sent on their way. Our revolving door justice system needs to change in order to send out a clear message to these leaches of society that this behavour is not tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

****ing scum! Giving an honest working man a batin' for a few poxy phones. I hope they are caught from CCTV. I always defend my City but this is the kind of stuff that's indefensible and down right disgraceful.

Why is the city to blame? It's not our fault or the city itself that these people are scum with no morals. That's their sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Man attacked and tied up but nothing took ? Very strange

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Man attacked and tied up but nothing took ? Very strange

Maybe the staff member did not have access to whatever the scum wanted? Or the premises has a time locked safe which could not be accessed at that time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

And the report says that they were in the shop waiting for him? Very strange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CiaranMT wrote: »
    And the report says that they were in the shop waiting for him? Very strange...

If you go around onto Denmark Street, and somehow get in through the arched gate across from Flannerys and go to the end of the alley there is a fire escape entrance with no door. If you go in this door you can walk to the top of the building but cannot access any of the doors because they are heavily barricaded. Now, if you had the time and the inclination you could spend time breaking in because there would be nobody in any of the adjoining buildings to hear you.

It so little used, the stairs, that there are old Eircell things lying around in there.

When missus was running Baratts they also went out into the Alley so I went "exploring". :D

Advertisement