Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on modelling contract?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi
    I was scouted by a model agency and they have offered me a contract in London:):) Sounds great, but I need to know more about the implications. Has anyone else out there got any experience of this that they could give.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

As with any contract, I think you should get a solicitor to look at it with you to make sure you understand everything that's involved.

As for the agency itself, do your research, check out their work, and NEVER hand them over any money for "registration" or "training".

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jamas

I will be handing it over to a solicitor. They say they will train me for free but in the contract it says that they have the right to deduct from my earnings "expenses incurred on the Models behalf for the development of materials necessary to her promotion and corresponding to her professional activities such as books, composites visas work permits etc. My Mum says this sounds like paying for training ????? Any views???

Advertisement