Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good value body exfoliator??

• 09-08-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all
    I was at a friends' house at the weekend, and she had this amazing Molton Brown body scrub - very thick and grainy, smelled fantastic and left my skin feeling SO so smooth. Divine.
    I'd like to get something similar, but perhaps in a slightly lower price bracket than Molton Brown. Any suggestions you've tried & loved?? There are so many out there, I don't know where to start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Don't waste your money on expensive body exfoliators!! Go to Boots, have a good look around and find a decent body wash. The Naked! range is particularly good and they all smell divine. Not the cheapest at around seven euro but lovely.

Then go and buy those scrubby gloves or add a cup of salt to your new wash and massage it in like mad. Works a treat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I was looking for one today in Boots but the prices are a bit much, tenner minimum seemed a bit rich so I just got some olive oil and ungranulated brown organic sugar.

I have them mixed but haven't used them yet, the olive oil should work a treat for removing tan as well!

However if you are getting one, I hear The Breakfast Scrub from Soap & Glory is good. It's like 15 in Boots but only 10 on Asos!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

seriously good exfoliator is "pharmacy brand" epsom salts. only €4.00 big jar. boots have it over by the deep heat back rub stuff.white plastic tub with orange sticker. fist full of it, rub it in all over. or fill bath and throw in a half tub. great to help remove fake tan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I honestly can't recommend this highly enough

botanics+sugar+scrub.jpg
    http://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Moisturising-Sugar-Scrub-450ml_24215/

I scrub myself with it all over on dry skin (but stand in the shower as some always falls onto the ground), give it a good rubbing in- then just rinse with water- do NOT use any shower gels as this will get rid of the lovely moisturising stuff in it. My skin is like velvet after it. It's only around 7 or 8 euro I think, lasts a good while too. Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Caraville wrote: »

botanics+sugar+scrub.jpg

I scrub myself with it all over on dry skin (but stand in the shower as some always falls onto the ground), give it a good rubbing in- then just rinse with water- do NOT use any shower gels as this will get rid of the lovely moisturising stuff in it. My skin is like velvet after it. It's only around 7 or 8 euro I think, lasts a good while too. Love it!
    I used to use that but found it left a layer of grease on my skin so I always ended up having to use exfoliation gloves to get the grease off as nothing else would word.

Now I just use exfoliation gloves as I've tried so many different body scrubs and have found the exfoliation gloves to be better than any scrub.

I find a lot of scrubs leave a layer of oil in the bath which always needs to be cleaned with cif or something.

So now I used the exfoliation gloves and Boots own brand coconut and almond body wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I used to use that but found it left a layer of grease on my skin so I always ended up having to use exfoliation gloves to get the grease off as nothing else would word.

Now I just use exfoliation gloves as I've tried so many different body scrubs and have found the exfoliation gloves to be better than any scrub.

I find a lot of scrubs leave a layer of oil in the bath which always needs to be cleaned with cif or something.

So now I used the exfoliation gloves and Boots own brand coconut and almond body wash.

Yeah exfoliation gloves do a very good job too- and are probably better than using a moisturising scrub before putting on tan because most tans tell you not to use a moisturiser beforehand.

I actually love the layer of moisturiser that the Botanics scrub leaves though :o But then I have very dry skin so maybe that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

FCUK Polished Sugar Scub:

I got this in Boots a few times, and found it really really good. Think it was under a tenner, can't really remember been awhile since I've had some. Must buy some more myself!:)

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/upl0/4/41187/10_2008/fab_41.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

+1 for FCUK sugar scrub. I love the scent and they're doing 3 for 2 on the range at the moment. I've used the moisturiser, the shower gel, the souffle thingy, I've now got the handbag sized perfume and the body spray - so big fan.
    The tubs are quite big I think. Mine last me a few months.

I have used olive oil mixed with sea salt in the past. I does what it's supposed to but it's handier for me to have a tub of stuff. Also I enjoy using scented products, obviously you miss out on scent with the olive oil mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Resi12 wrote: »
    I was looking for one today in Boots but the prices are a bit much, tenner minimum seemed a bit rich so I just got some olive oil and ungranulated brown organic sugar.

I have them mixed but haven't used them yet, the olive oil should work a treat for removing tan as well!

However if you are getting one, I hear The Breakfast Scrub from Soap & Glory is good. It's like 15 in Boots but only 10 on Asos!

not a big fan of the breakfast scrub, but soap and glory scrub of your life :) and doesnt leave the greasy residue on your skin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

Ooooh thanks for all the suggestions. Will hop down to Boots at lunchtime and investigate a few of them - especially if there's deals on like 3 for 2 (whcih they often have!). The key for me here is nice scent and a good thick grainy scrub, so sounds like a few of these tick the boxes.

I picked up a Radox "Shower Smoothie" in a shop a few days ago but wasn't what I was looking for - too liquid-y, not grainy enough, smell didn't last. Ho hum.

Also got a minty one in Tescos that was cheap and cheerful. Very grainy - yeah! - but TOO minty, made my skin feel really chilly, had to turn up the heat in the shower and ws shivering when I got out! Too much menthol or something. Will give that to the OH for after his gym sessions.

I've done the whole olive oil / sugar or sea salt thing before, yes I agree it's cheaper than buying a brand name and works great, but I wanted to treat myself to something different this time. Also, the olive oil can been a little slippery under foot in the shower, I slipped on it once getting out and don't want to be doing that again :eek: Though maybe I had too much oil vs sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

FCUK Polished Sugar Scub:

I got this in Boots a few times, and found it really really good. Think it was under a tenner, can't really remember been awhile since I've had some. Must buy some more myself!:)

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/upl0/4/41187/10_2008/fab_41.jpg

actually YES that one is loverly... smells yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Caraville wrote: »

botanics+sugar+scrub.jpg

Love that stuff. It is quite oily but I just throw on my dressing gown while it soaks it. It leaves my skin feeling amazing.

Advertisement