Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground torched in Knocknacarra?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 10:48am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Advertiser Facebook just posted that a playground in Knocknacarra was burned last night, does anyone know which one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Knocknacarra, London?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

I went to the one opposite Cotter's shop on Sunday and one of the little spinning-seat yokes had been torched, all the melted plastic was caked into the ground.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks. Yeah, seems to be a hangout for asshole teens. Remember madness there around Halloween.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mark Knocknacarra off your list as a good place to live juli.delg :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

How is it they can install a camera at the recycling bins but they can't do the same for the playgrounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Seems to be quite a lot of little sh!tes hanging around knocknacarra estates lately, why dont they stay in there own estates and leave well enough alone.
    They seem to be coming from an estate on distributor rod between cappagh and ballymoneen roundabouts.
    It disgusts me even to see these scummy degenerates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

newkie wrote: »
    How is it they can install a camera at the recycling bins but they can't do the same for the playgrounds?

With cameras on recycling bins you can get car reg no's and issue fines.
    Its impossible to identify and prosecute people caught on CCTV cameras in playgrounds at night.
    In most Dublin playgrounds CCTV cameras are monitored live at night. They also have speakers so they can tell the culprits to bugger off. These systems usually cost more than the equipment they are monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah seems to be getting worse lately. Good ole' social housing.

Plenty of those involved in the Halloween messing were far from social housing occupants. Rotten "G4" accent on one guy throwing rocks at the shop.

The new bus stop by the clybaun also had the glass broken as I came by today.

Another thing for Neil McNeilis to stand looking disapprovingly at for the local papers I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Well when kids X-boxes and playstations switch themselves off for 12 hours after every 2 hours played then I suppose they have to find something else to keep themselves amused.
    Thanks Fidelma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

What area is "G4"?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What area is "G4"?

No area, just that fakey half American accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What area is "G4"?

D4 is a post-code.
    G4 is a state-of-mind.

Is there a C4, and maybe even an L4 too? would need to ask the folks those forums I guess.

Anyways, if you want to hear G4, go to a highbrow play in the Town Hall Theatre, and listen to the accents in the bar beforehand or at intermission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I was in Lahinch (west Clare) a few months ago and they have a playground beside their prom which was ruined. They have installed a camera system. I wonder how its going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Not necessarily entirely true JustMary, my Dad is involved in the arts and we've discussed this at length. It is his pet hate! He claims G4 only occurred in the 90s so it's only prevelant among younger people. I'd a friend who had a really American twang, she was from a different school and only used it among school friends, never at home...interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I know some folks whose behaviour is very "G4", and they don't sound American ... so what I think of as G4 isn't necessarily American-twang ... just kinda "posh".

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

JustMary wrote: »
    D4 is a post-code.
    G4 is a state-of-mind.

Is there a C4, and maybe even an L4 too? would need to ask the folks those forums I guess.

Anyways, if you want to hear G4, go to a highbrow play in the Town Hall Theatre, and listen to the accents in the bar beforehand or at intermission.

Or hang out at the Galway Golf Club in Salthill

Advertisement