Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Curve 8520

Options
  • 09-08-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me how I can check into places on my BB Curve, I done the "Bluetooth Connection" thing, but it still wont leave me check in on Facebook? Keeps saying "Acquiring your location"? Also how do I get the Multi Media Settings to download, tried doing in through my account on Meteor, but wont work for me.. I cant receive MMS?

Any help would be appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you bought the blackberry meteor add on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Shorty1985

Yeah I have the Add On.. ? I can access FB no problem, but just cant do the check into places thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I don't think the 8520 has gps and just uses cell towers to get a location fix, maybe the FB app can only use gps to get the location for checking into locations?

Also check the options in the FB app and make sure you have check in turned on, think it's off by default

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Are you using the latest release? Version 2 was released there a week ago and as far as I know it has check in. Like crocked said though this would be via tower location as the 8520 has no built in gps.

Go here on your Blackberry:
    www.blackberry.com/facebook

or search the appworld app. If you dont have appworld get it here:
    www.blackberry.com/appworld

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Shorty1985

I installed the new version last week, but re-installed it again today, and also customized the app settings, and it now seems to be working again.. Hopefully it will stay working this time.. Thanks for the replies :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement