Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor first bill question

Options
  • 09-08-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

So I signed up to my first bill pay contract last Saturday on Meteor. I signed up during a billing period so understand that my text, minutes and data allowance are a % of whats left in the billing period. That's fine.

However I've only been texting other meteor users and this has eaten up the texts that were part of my allowance.

I thought that on bill pay calls and texts were free on the Meteor network and hence shouldn't be taking up my allowance of texts??

Does the free Meteor calls and texts not kick in until my first proper billing period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

draffodx wrote: »
    I thought that on bill pay calls and texts were free on the Meteor network and hence shouldn't be taking up my allowance of texts??

Does the free Meteor calls and texts not kick in until my first proper billing period?
    I've been meteor bill pay for nearly 2 years and I've never heard mention of free meteor call or texts. I know the PAYG customers can get them by topping up a set amount a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Shouldn't be? I assume you signed up for the online offer which gave you the free texts and calls? The same offer shouldn't be available in the shops so if you went to a store to sort it, you might not have them activated on your account. Either way, your best bet is to call customer services, they can tell you if you have them on your account ready to go for the following month

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I bought my Desire HD on bill pay back in November inside the shop on Patrick St. Cork. I was able to get the free meteor calls and texts as well on the Bill Pay Smart 50 plan. Took bout 4 days for them to kick in though.

In between signing the contract and the free texts and calls kicking in I used Cabbage to use the 300 free webtexts from the phone.

I pestered them on twitter to keep me updated when the free texts and calls kicked in.

Oh cool, I didn't see the free texts as part of the online offer.
    Looks more and more like I'll be staying with meteor so.

Now I just need some friends on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I went to a shop as I was under the impression that free calls and text's was a fundamental part of bill pay! Paying €35 a month for 200 minutes and 200 texts doesn't make sense to me on Bill Pay when you get unlimited calls and texts for €20 a month on pre pay :confused:

So I guess made a mistake in assuming I got free text's and calls on Meteor when signing up in a shop!?

• Advertisement

If I've read the website correctly it's even worse that you'd think.
    Meteor wrote:
    Online Special: Get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts on all Bill Pay Smart plans when you move your number to Meteor online.
    So does that mean I won't be able to avail of it when I renew my bill?
    Of if someone moves from PAYG they can't get it either?

What is the advantage of being bill so?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

kiddums wrote: »
    If I've read the website correctly it's even worse that you'd think.

So does that mean I won't be able to avail of it when I renew my bill?
    Of if someone moves from PAYG they can't get it either?

What is the advantage of being bill so?

Crazy stuff, I cant believe Meteor network calls and texts aren't automatically free :(

draffodx wrote: »
    Crazy stuff, I cant believe Meteor network calls and texts aren't automatically free :(
    I'll hopefully have time this weekend to call into store and ask them whats the deal with this.

Advertisement