Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website Feedback

Options
  • 09-08-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All , I am relaunching my new website On The Other Hand.ie
    This Weekend and i am just looking for some feed back on the website as is
    There is still a little more content to add Like Pictures and Videos on some pages but we are 95% there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Hey overall the site looks good. There's a few formatting issues.

On my browser (chrome) info & resources appears under home and about

I'm not sure about that text in the middle, it looks a little off. It's as if you have too little text for the space you have given it.

Great slogan. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

I find the active image in the centre of the homepage a bit distracting.

The first thing I'm trying to establish is "what is this website about?" and I found myself looking around for that info.

Maybe you could move your blurb explaining what you do up higher?

I'd probably shrink the login box and move it upto the top right corner to free up some space.

Fonts seem to be different sizes on different pages. Keep formatting constant.

Really like the branding at the top of the page.

Just my personal opinions!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You might get a better response here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1382

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Too bare looking.....you should have a rotating banner with buttons so people can cycle through your best deals.

Some of your categories have very few items.
    I would highlight 3-4 of them with prices on each slide of the banner.
    People are lazy....if they visit your website and see your prices they would probably prefer to come back and see your best deals on page 1.

Also put your video on page 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

leftorium.jpg

At First I found it hard to see within first 10 seconds what the site was for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hi EWJim,
    I don't understand why the "terms and conditions" are on the main index page? Obviously you need terms and conditions but they should be tucked away at the end of the page along with privacy policy. You should have your products on the main index page. I think the categories on the left are too far down. Maybe add them under the login section so they can be seen above the fold. Looks good otherwise. Please take my comments as constructive criticism :) good luck with the launch. I hope things go well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EWJim

Hi My Biz and Cow Boy
    I am still doing a bit on the back end and I put the T & C page as default by mistake. Is fixed Now.
    you should land at the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hi EWJim,
    Ah, I thought that might be the case alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi,
    I hate to be negative but there are a lot of spelling mistake on this page which would completely put me off buying from this site.

http://client.innov8t.ie/on-the-other-hand/shop-online.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=56&category_id=3

I haven't looked at any of the other pages

Little Miss

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

Hi,
    I hate to be negative but there are a lot of spelling mistake on this page which would completely put me off buying from this site.

http://client.innov8t.ie/on-the-other-hand/shop-online.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=56&category_id=3

I haven't looked at any of the other pages

Little Miss

Agree. Also on another page there is "Tin opener" beside "Veg Peeler". One description uses capitals on both words, the other doesn't. This is the same all over the page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you go into an item the left menu disappears. The norm in my opinion is that it stays there. Looks a bit spartan if page elements appear and disappear like that. I wasn't that clear what it was for till I scrolled down and saw the products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you go into an item the left menu disappears. The norm in my opinion is that it stays there. Looks a bit spartan if page elements appear and disappear like that. I wasn't that clear what the site was for att a glance till I scrolled down and saw the products. I think its because its not that obvious from a glance at the banner and name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

There's a few typos around the place:

Under 'How is it left handed' > 'Pellers' instead of peelers
    Customer service page misspells 'queries'

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Agree re spelling mistakes.

Also, your site is not search engine optimised.

I don't have time to go through it thoroughly, but some things:
    - should link to contact form on contact page, which you are calling 'customer service'
    - What's the main thing you want visitors to your site to do? -> Shop Online. Your homepage does not draw visitors into the shop. You actually ask people to click a tab, instead of those words linking to the page.
    - 'Some of our videos' shows just one video.
    - 'Best Sellers' on homepage is nice, however not immediately viewable on most computers (visitor must scroll downwards to see this). Bring it upwards. The nice picture of you guys can be kept to the 'About Us'.
    - Why does 'News and Events' get higher priority in your menu (visitor reads left to right) than 'Shop Online'?
    - No need to call it 'Shop Online'. I know I'm online - just call it shop.

Overall, not to shabby, clean layout. The ad that appears after a delay, moving the content (that I'm trying to look at) downwards is really annoying though. I can't even tell if it's an ad for your own website or for Stabilo. Either way, it's weird, and doesn't link to anything.

You sure got some bargains though: http://client.innov8t.ie/on-the-other-hand/shop-online.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=9&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=37

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EWJim

Thanks all for the Feedback
    The Link posted should be closed now. (so do not buy stock from that Link)
    you should be using On The Other Hand.ie

I have been working on the new page, and I have cleaned up any points picked up.

If any posters would like to buy from us, pm me and I will send on a Discount Code for your help.

Regards
    JG

Advertisement