Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for jobs and using local address

• 09-08-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any truth in what I was told. I was told that if shortlisting applies schools discard any applications for individuals who do not reside near the school and that priority is given to local addresses? I really want to be based in Dublin and I am not from Dublin so should I use a friends address in Dublin? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've never heard that tbh. I suppose if it came down to a decision between two evenly matched candidates the local candidate might possible get it but I'm not sure.

When applying you could mention that you are in the process of moving to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hi

i've never heard of that to be honest - it seems like blatant discrimination but would obviously need to be proved.

If unsure I would put something in the cover letter stating that should your application be successful you would relocate to X so that you could provide full commitment - or something along those lines - that's what i did when applying outside dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Never heard of it - can't see how it applies.....most of the teachers in Dublin are from the country & just relocated to Dublin on securing a post there.

Advertisement