Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering euro from AIB to spanish account

Options
  • 09-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Guys, need advice pronto on this if possible please.

I've done a search but can't find any definite recent thread.

Is it possible to transfer €2,000 from AIB to La Caixa (a large Barcelona based bank) using the IBAN and BIC to access it the same day without getting stung with charges?

The important part is being able to access it same day. I have online banking but my AIB ATM card has expired so it is not just a case of withdrawing funds here directly from my Irish account.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am under a bit of pressure to secure a new rental contract for my flat.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

You can transfer the money from AIB using the IBAN and BIC. There is no paylink charge provided the currency leaving your account is EUR. The only time you are usually charged the paylink fee is if you transfer GBP to a UK bank account. So, seen as this is a Spanish bank there will be no fee for standard payments.

If you want same day value then there will be a fee of around €25. If you go to AIB internet banking and start the transfer you will be told of the fee.

At that point you can accept this or click cancel.

Ideally you should send the payment as standard as this is free. If you need it today then you may need to start the process now because they have cutoff times for same day payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

Great answer, thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

If you ever need a room in Barcelona I should have one thanks to you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

You're very welcome!

I wouldn't mind a trip to Spain given this Irish summer!!

Enjoy! :)

Advertisement