Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Misery @ Sallypark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 THEKTEAM

Google maps says Sallypark is in Co. Kilkenny, just saying.... :D

CORRECT thank god someone on here has the decency to admit that it is because it is in Co Kilkenny - who are the smashing vandals now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

THEKTEAM wrote: »
    first of all it was a plywood sign , it was fixed to the rock as a good look to the Kilkenny team on the morning of the semi final , seeming as there were 30 drunken and voilent waterford lads drinking up at the entrance to the rock we usually have the craic painting we decided to do something different , following recent threats of baseball bats and hospilatisation from people who cant enjoy the craic between supporters we decided to do something different and to be politically correct - that particular part of the rock in sallypark where the sign was errected is 11 feet inside the Kilkenny boundaries !!!! maybe if ye werent all souch sour graped low lifes yed see the fun in it . as for vandalism - there were a total of 40 10mm holes drilled into the sode of a rock face , no paint or permanent damage was done to it - we have respect unlike the waterford lads who spray painted road signs all over south Kilkenny with Up The Deise in blue paint . the only vandalism was committed by lads wearing waterford jerseys who had to go up and break down a sigh in CO KILKENY and break it into bits around the ground and throw it down around the place . ye are so quick to condemn us for something that is a bit of harmless fun when ye just cant handle a bit of craic . seeming as ye were so good to break it up maybe ye can now come back out and clean it up !!!!

And what about going into the Ard Ri last year and spray painting in there? I remember seeing The K Team spray painted on a wall, i would call that vandalism TBH.

@ Seany and all those who see it as a "bit-o-fun"

if i were you and i knew the identities of those engaged in vandalism and graffiti and littering i would be ringing up the ferrybank gaurds and the relevant part of the WD city council and Kilkenny CoCo to get them done for it. I take it you dont live in ferrybank or along the quays had have to look at that scrawled mess every day. As said, the tolerance of this graffiti was the thin edge of the wedge that progressed in time to result in the wanton destruction of the once lovely Ard Ri. By condoning it, you are encouraging it and must shoulder a certain portion of the blame. Theres no excuse for this type of antisocial behaviour that is going on.

I think this activity reveals that those involved have no respect for their sorroundings or other people or tourists. Pure selfishness and thugery. Would they be graffitiing and scrawling all over the front of their own houses? I think not, but they think it good sport to do it to property thats not theirs. If you were on holidays somewhere and the first thing you saw was dirty scrawls all over the entrace to the city,what would your first impression be? -ah sure its a bit o harmelss fun? i dont think so. i would be thinking it must be a dirty filthy place inhabited by no-good chavs. Not the impression we want to be giving our tourists, who we need more than ever.

Those responsible should be caught and held to account for their actions, but the "justice" system we have will unboubtly pat them on the back and let them off for first offence. What a load. Do they no know right from wrong or what.

And seany, if you returned home one day and saw one of them painted graffiti all over your house would you be calling it harmless banter then? would you? I doubt it, but when its someone elses property and not yours you say its OK. thats a shameful attitude to have in fairness.

Was it WLR fm that were tlking about it a while ago, with the attitude that it was just a bit-o- craic, an absolute disgrace that the citys radio station would be condoning such behaviour, and indirectly encouraging itas a result.

I hate that word lack, ugh it sounds so crude and chavish

As you are now aware and if your not - Ferrybank garda station is now run by the Thomastown Unit which covers all of south Kilkenny , Waterford Gardai no longer have any say in it , when are all you idiots gonna realise that both the rock which gets painted and the Wodden sign which was erected in Sallypark are both in Kilkenny , When we do something its vandalism - but when its blue and white its brilliant - paint yer own rocks and tear down yer own stuff in yer own county , ye are the ones who are vandalising Co Kilkenny go get a life and stop cribbing cos ye lost .

Look, it doesn't matter if its a house, wall, bridge, cliff face, car or whatever -if it doesn't belong to you, you have no right to deface/vandalise/graffiti it. Period.
    And in any case there is such a thing as having some common decency and respect for your area and not doing anything to tarnish or damage it.

As said, if it was your house would you be so accepting of it?

it is potentially damageing to tourists as its the first thing they see when they arrive and look out across they quays. It's hardly photgenic and makes them with a desire to come back or reccommend it. It makes a poor first impression.

Would the time of those responsible not be better spend by doing something theat helps the community and makes the city nicer to live in? that would be much better fun and more rewarding than getting pissed on booze and climbing up a hill at 2 in the moring with a can of paint. I can't see how that could be fun, it sounds stupid. I bet it's some of the local GAA heads doing it, only GAA heads could be so clanish and tribalistic to be bothered painting county colours all over the place.

The reason nothing is being done by the authorities is the complete apathy of the authorities and people who have parochial tribalism so ingrained in their heads and see it all as intercounty rivalry, what BS.

Next you'll ask "well if i'm so worried about it whay arn't i doin something?" Well maybe i'll get on to the council and local reperasentatives today. All it takes is to pick up the blower. I might just do it after reading this thread.

I'm so grumpy, i'll give this thing 5 grumpy faces :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

potentially damaging to tourism ? there was nothing wrong with it until the deise lads started smashing it to bits up there and threw it all over the place . looked well - resembled HollyWood sign , lots of KK people would have driven down to have had their picture taken with it and just might have crossed the bridge for a ham blaa or a 99 with a flake - think of how much these deise vandals have cost waterford in revenue - hundreds of euro gone .

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

When we do something its vandalism - but when its blue and white its brilliant - paint yer own rocks and tear down yer own stuff in yer own county , ye are the ones who are vandalising Co Kilkenny go get a life and stop cribbing cos ye lost .

Aw. I thought both sides were having a bit of craic? Seems like the auld rock painting saga has gotten bitter.

• Advertisement

and the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that..... :P

new breed of K Team taking over and if ye keep coming into Co Kilkenny vandalising our trubutes then the rock in Bilberry and the goats are gonna get a coat of black and amber !!!! STAY OUT OF KILKENNY DEISE VANDALS

Who cares where the border is? :rolleyes:
    This thread has well been de railed.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Max Powers wrote: »
    I think this arguement has split into 2 camps:
    1 - people that care about how the city looks, first impressions etc and
    2 - people who are at best, indifferent or at worst, dont care.

Not necessarily. I'm fairly indifferent about it. I just think it looks ****, in either colour.

new breed of K Team taking over and if ye keep coming into Co Kilkenny vandalising our trubutes then the rock in Bilberry and the goats are gonna get a coat of black and amber !!!! STAY OUT OF KILKENNY DEISE VANDALS

:rolleyes:

STIG83 wrote: »
    And what about going into the Ard Ri last year and spray painting in there? I remember seeing The K Team spray painted on a wall, i would call that vandalism TBH.

WHAT ABOUT THE WALLS AND ROAD ALL THE WAY UP TO BALLYHALE PAINTED UP THE DEISE AND THE 140 ROAD SIGNS DESTROYED WITH UP THE DEISE PAINTED ACROSS THEM ? HOW MANY ROAD SIGNS IN WATERFORD HAD UP KILKENNY ON THEM - NONE - WHEN YOU WAKE UP FROM DREAMLAND STIG AND DO SOME GEOGRAPHY - BOTH THE ROCK AND SALLYPARK WHERE THE SIGN WAS ERRECTED ARE IN COUNTY KILKENNY - GO TO YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL OFFICE AND LOOK AT THE MAPS - YOU GUYS ARE IN FACT THE ONES PAINTING WATERFORD COLOURS ON CO KILKENNY LANDMARKS !!!! WHATS UP WITH YOU - TO BITTER TO LOOK AT A BIT OF BLACK AND AMBER PAINT ? YOUR PROBABLY ONE OF THE LADS WHO SMASHED THE SIGN IN SALLY PARK AND THEN GRIPED ON HERE ABOUT ALL THE BROKEN PLYWOOD - GET A LIFE

• Advertisement

WHAT ABOUT THE WALLS AND ROAD ALL THE WAY UP TO BALLYHALE PAINTED UP THE DEISE AND THE 140 ROAD SIGNS DESTROYED WITH UP THE DEISE PAINTED ACROSS THEM ? HOW MANY ROAD SIGNS IN WATERFORD HAD UP KILKENNY ON THEM - NONE - WHEN YOU WAKE UP FROM DREAMLAND STIG AND DO SOME GEOGRAPHY - BOTH THE ROCK AND SALLYPARK WHERE THE SIGN WAS ERRECTED ARE IN COUNTY KILKENNY - GO TO YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL OFFICE AND LOOK AT THE MAPS - YOU GUYS ARE IN FACT THE ONES PAINTING WATERFORD COLOURS ON CO KILKENNY LANDMARKS !!!! WHATS UP WITH YOU - TO BITTER TO LOOK AT A BIT OF BLACK AND AMBER PAINT ? YOUR PROBABLY ONE OF THE LADS WHO SMASHED THE SIGN IN SALLY PARK AND THEN GRIPED ON HERE ABOUT ALL THE BROKEN PLYWOOD - GET A LIFE

Nah ive better things to be doing than smashing up signs.

SheFiend wrote: »
    Aw. I thought both sides were having a bit of craic? Seems like the auld rock painting saga has gotten bitter.

NOT BITTER FROM OUR SIDE - WE ALWAYS ENJOYED A GREAT CRAIC WITH THE REAL WATERFORD PAINTERS - MET THEM A FEW TIMES AND WE HAD A GOOD OL LAUGH , DECENT LADS - TRUE WATERFORD PEOPLE SHOULD TURN THEIR BACKS ON THESE BITTER IDIOTS AND LET THE FUN AND CRAIC CONTINUE - FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS THERES BEEN GREAT CRAIC AND BANTER BETWEEN THE TWO SIDES - IN THE LAST MONTH A FEW NEW PEOPLE HAVE TURNED THIS INTO A BAD THING . TO THOSE WORRIED ABOUT LITTER AND VANDALISM - MAYBE YE SHOULD DO SOMETHING USEFULL ABOUT THE TRAVELLERS ALL OVER WATERFORD DUMPING RUBBISH ALL ALONG YER ROADS AND AND THE DRUG HEADS ROBBING AND STABBING PEOPLE IN YER CITY - THATS WORSE FOR TOURISM THAN A FECKIN BIT OF PLYWOOD PUT US FOR A WELL WISH TO THE HURLERS , ANY DECENT WATERFORD PEOPLE ON HERE KNOW THE CRAIC AND UNDERSTAND THE BANTER , TO THOSE OF YE GRIPING - GO GET A LIFE .

:rolleyes:

YEAH ROLLEYES IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO BECAUSE YOU CANT COME BACK AT WHAT IV SAID BECAUSE ITS TRUE , BOTH LOCATIONS ARE IN KILKENNY !!! SO IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING USEFULL FOR WATERFORD - MAYBE YOU MIGHT SUGGEST TO YOUR FELLOW DEISE MEN TO NOT BE GOING INTO CO KILKENNY VANDALISING STUFF AS IT GIVES WATERFORD PEOPLE A BAD NAME .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Alright kids, take a few chill pills. Sit back and relax. No sniping, bitching or whinging. Each to their own with opinions but lets not level to personal abuse, digs or swipes. Likewise for border trolling.

Simply: Cop the bloody hell on with this border rivalry, and get a grip on yourselves.

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

Alright kids, take a few chill pills. Sit back and relax. No sniping, bitching or whinging. Each to their own with opinions but lets not level to personal abuse, digs or swipes. Likewise for border trolling.

Simply: Cop the bloody hell on with this border rivalry, and get a grip on yourselves.

Hi Sully - all iv done here is point out facts , a little bit ironic that when someone actually comes on here from the Kilkenny side to answer the accusations - 4 pages into this thread that a mod gets involved and posts the above comment , maybe you should have done it at the end of page 1 and stopped it getting to this .

if giving facts on a public board in reply accusations made against us isnt welcome here then im gonna feel sorry for whats being allowed to happen here . we should all have the right to defend the accusations that are printed here and iv done that to be fair . with regard to stig - he was quick to thank you for your post as he couldnt reply to the answers i posted - which prove all his statements are nothing more than a delusion.

a friend put me on to this and that is the reason iv come on here - not to cause trouble - and im not namecalling or being offensive , just simply to answer the truth. seems a lot of people whom were responsible for the shutting down of the waterford gaa forum have found a new home here . and that is sad .

good to see that your keeping an eye on all the threads - enjoying my time on here so far .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Vandalism is vandalism, no matter how it is painted,

Do you own the rock, land etc? Are you admitting to carrying out the vandalism?

How would you feel if someone put a Waterford sign high up on Kilkenny castle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bards wrote: »

That would be fairly funny in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Screenshot2011-08-10at191625.png

Please read my previous posts - im not going to repeat myself .

to answer your questions - yes i am one of the lads who put a plywood sign up on Kilkenny land owned by Kilkenny co co , with regards to vandalism accusation - we drilled 40 8mm holes - and did not paint the rockface , hence no permanent damage to the natural stone face .
    with regards to painting Kilkenny castle - why would you ask this ? has anyone from Kilkenny ever painted a beautiful historical building in waterford ? not to my knowledge . or have they ever put a sign on a Historical Waterford building ? again not to my knowledge . and certainly i know weve never defaced any historical Waterford Landmark or Building.

but if you feel that we have broken any laws then i will be helpful (because we in Kilkenny love our neighbours and always try to be helpfull where we can ) so here are some usefull contact details that you may need .
    1 : Kilkenny county council (who own that land)
    County Hall
    John Street
    Kilkenny
    Telephone: 056 7794000 (Please Note: the main switch will divert to a voice mail between 1-2pm)
    GPS Coordinates: N 52.652411 & W -7.24514
    2 : Thomastown Gardai (who patrol and who are responsible for crimes in that area)
    Garda Station
    Thomastown
    Co. Kilkenny
    Tel: +353 56 772 4222
    fax: +353 56 772 4799
    email: N/A
    www: http://www.garda.ie
    Opening Hours: 24 hrs
    Wheelchair-accessible: Yes

By All means you are entitled to make a compalint as we all are .

I Hope i have been both helpful and informative with regards to my reply to your post .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Well you have broken the law and admitted as such, are you really that naive to think that you will not be prosecuted for trespassing and vandalism?

• Advertisement

Grafitti, no matter how insignficant, is the thin end of the wedge, Give someone an inch and they will take a mile etc.

This needs to be nipped in the bud now (right there Bud) otherwise it will escalate out of control - some might say it already has. The Liberal Leftist attitude needs to stop now or we will end up with riots like the UK
    if your serious about the riots thing - im actually worried , youve taken a bit of harmless fun and turned it into something more dangerous .

as i said earlier and Waterford city and county co will back thisup - that piece of land where the plywood sign was put up is owned by KK co co - please - PLEASE - will you look at the map and know what you are talking about before you talk about us vandalising Waterford. with regards to giving an inch and taking a mile - isnt it Watereford that wants to extend its borders 3 miles out into co Kilkenny so the port of Waterford and Waterford Golf Club is in co Waterford ? ahem ahem ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Get a life mate nobody is particullary interested in your childish ramblings , who gives a damn about a piece of rock, your only on here to stir up trouble AND SHOUT AT PEOPLE.

Well you have broken the law and admitted as such, are you really that naive to think that you will not be prosecuted for trespassing and vandalism?
    please explain what law has been broken ? i am at my wits end to know which section and subsection i and we will be prosecuted under ?
    i admitted to fixing a plywood sign to a rockface (must admit i did break the health and safety law as 1 i had been drinking copious amounts of alcohol and 2 i had no safety harness for working on heights and finally 3 we had no correct lighting for working at night . ooooopppssss .

it was our intention to remove the screws that had fixed the lettering to the rockface to keep , but while we were in dublin at the game some people from the Waterford side of the bridge wearing waterford Jerseys smashed it to bits and threw it all ove the place - had we been left to take it down there would have been no damage or lasting effect to the rockface or natural stone .

with regards to prosecuted for alleged crime (which you still have not explained under what law/sections and act we would be prosecuted) based on the location of alleged crime we would be brought to court in Kilkenny - where i think there would be an outcry if we were prosecuted for the temporary affixing of the letters kilkenny to a piece of kilkenny rock - however i will let you know now we would fight under eu law any extradition requests to have the case heard in waterford , we would however be amicable to having it heard in a neutral county such as carlow or meath as i believe we would be infairly judged in Waterford .

Looking forward to your reply and the requested information .

decies wrote: »
    Get a life mate nobody is particullary interested in your childish ramblings , who gives a damn about a piece of rock, your only on here to stir up trouble AND SHOUT AT PEOPLE.
    how incorrect you are , i came on here to reply and refute allegations that Kilkenny people were defacing and destroying Waterford land and landmarks . with regards to shouting at people - im new to this forum thing - and now i understand that using capital letters is implying im shouting - so iv stopped .

with regard to your accusation of childish ramblings - i believe you will find that every word i have typed here is indeed fact , and according to the land registry register you will find that in fact Kilkenny people are painting Kilkenny rockface and putting signs up on Kilkenny rockface .
    All i have done here since i joined and started replying to these ludicruous posts and accusations is supply facts and information in my replys .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Sully - all iv done here is point out facts , a little bit ironic that when someone actually comes on here from the Kilkenny side to answer the accusations - 4 pages into this thread that a mod gets involved and posts the above comment , maybe you should have done it at the end of page 1 and stopped it getting to this .

if giving facts on a public board in reply accusations made against us isnt welcome here then im gonna feel sorry for whats being allowed to happen here . we should all have the right to defend the accusations that are printed here and iv done that to be fair . with regard to stig - he was quick to thank you for your post as he couldnt reply to the answers i posted - which prove all his statements are nothing more than a delusion.

a friend put me on to this and that is the reason iv come on here - not to cause trouble - and im not namecalling or being offensive , just simply to answer the truth. seems a lot of people whom were responsible for the shutting down of the waterford gaa forum have found a new home here . and that is sad .

good to see that your keeping an eye on all the threads - enjoying my time on here so far .

I'm sorry, did I mention you in my post? Did I point my naughty finger at you and complain about you? My warning was to everyone. Your all acting like a pack of eejits. There are far worse things to be worrying about in the world.

Both sides of the border are acting like eejits with their vandalism. But we, on Boards, wont tolerate any side acting the maggot about "Oh Kilkenny is ****e, not a city, deise rock" and then the "ye deise cant play hurling for crap, thats our land there boi and don't you forget it" type ****e.

Some of what ye are doing is funny, and is harmless enough. Sure someone wont agree and think its completely wrong. Welcome to the world - where people don't agree with each other and have different opinions and views. Boards.ie is a platform for discussion, within reason.

All I am asking is that people take a bloody chilpill and relax. Chat away, laugh, joke, but overstep the line (whether your a Deise or a Cat) and ill be putting on my size 11 thorn bots, a cowboy hat, and whatever else I can find to let out a right roar. ;)

Me again!! ^ can I say that is some waffle you talking there mate?
    And how do you know who removed the sign that they were wearing Waterford jerseys? You were at the match in Dublin weren't ya? So did you see them do it?
    You are very passionate about where borders stop and start and the same way with the rock.
    Sully that wasn't meant for you, was for the post before your one.

@ Sully - fair play and il apologise as to be fair you didnt mention either side and you are being fair . i am keeping my posts non offensive , very factual to be fair and i am trying to be helpful to the few who would like to see me and the lads behind bars .
    there are more serious things in the world yes - but we all also have to have a bit of craic at times - this world can be all to serious with too much doom and gloom .

:)

Sully wrote: »

All I am asking is that people take a bloody chilpill and relax. Chat away, laugh, joke, but overstep the line (whether your a Deise or a Cat) and ill be putting on my size 11 thorn bots, a cowboy hat, and whatever else I can find to let out a right roar. ;)

Runs off to goggle to find out what the hell a thorn boot is.

K team. keep up the good work with the signs and all that. I love it. great to have the bit of craic. If you get arrested ill start a petition to free the "rock people".
    terry and the lads that done the painting for waterford had a great laugh doing it and all. there was no rivalry between ye and them, harmless banter. One of the k team told me ages ago that he dropped his mobile while painting the rock and when the waterford lads went up they found it and rang him to give it back to him. That was a fairly friendly thing to do to for the "competition".

Me again!! ^ can I say that is some waffle you talking there mate?
    And how do you know who removed the sign that they were wearing Waterford jerseys? You were at the match in Dublin weren't ya? So did you see them do it?
    You are very passionate about where borders stop and start and the same way with the rock.
    Sully that wasn't meant for you, was for the post before your one.

a few lads who didnt go to the game drove through patrolling sallypark and took pictures of the lads breaking it up . we will be forwarding them to the relevant Kilkenny authorities in the hope there will be a prosecution.

as for your accusation of waffle - i still havent heard a reply from you with regards to my very factual posts ? could it be that a "cat has your tongue" pardon the pun :)

• Advertisement

a few lads who didnt go to the game drove through patrolling sallypark and took pictures of the lads breaking it up . we will be forwarding them to the relevant Kilkenny authorities in the hope there will be a prosecution.

as for your accusation of waffle - i still havent heard a reply from you with regards to my very factual posts ? could it be that a "cat has your tongue" pardon the pun :)

haha having people on patrol and all. thats class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement