Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Misery @ Sallypark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 THEKTEAM

seanybiker wrote: »
    Runs off to goggle to find out what the hell a thorn boot is.

K team. keep up the good work with the signs and all that. I love it. great to have the bit of craic. If you get arrested ill start a petition to free the "rock people".
    terry and the lads that done the painting for waterford had a great laugh doing it and all. there was no rivalry between ye and them, harmless banter. One of the k team told me ages ago that he dropped his mobile while painting the rock and when the waterford lads went up they found it and rang him to give it back to him. That was a fairly friendly thing to do to for the "competition".

"the Sallypark 16" Christy Moore might write a song for us hahaha .

yep fair play to the Waterford lads they handed back a lost (expensive)phone which most others would have kept , Terry and the lads are good guys - always met them when we were coming down had a good laugh - dont know how they did it - they were always in the company of several slabs on the way up and none on the way down hahahha .

Fair Play SeanyBiker at last some sense on here and someone who sees it for what it is - harmless supporter rivalry and good banter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

@THEKTEAM. Im not here to have a WD-KK fighting match, i didnt know anything about signs and walls been painted over in the Ballyhale area until you mentioned it, all i hear or see about is the rock, yesterday i passed there and saw the remain of the sign up, couldnt figure out what ENN was until you mentioned what happened to it on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

This thread is some laugh :D

I love the way people are overusing their roll eyes emoticon and saying it's oh so childish etc etc, yet you still find it that interesting to come back and keep reading the thread.

I think it's all a bit of banter, no need to break out the water cannons and wash the lads down off the rockface, if you don't like it go complain to the Gardai or whichever County Council you want, moaning on boards isn't going to make a blind bit of difference and if you are of the opinion that the lads doing this are breaking the law well then why don't you report it to the Gardai, maybe if enough people do so something will be done to help prevent it.

STIG83 wrote: »
    @THEKTEAM. Im not here to have a WD-KK fighting match, i didnt know anything about signs and walls been painted over in the Ballyhale areauntil you mentioned it, all i hear or see about is the rock, yesterday i passed there and saw the sign up, couldnt figure out what ENN was until you mentioned what happened to it on Sunday.
    thank you - it was never about fighting - iv always said its about the craic , and if the rock over the train station were in waterford - wed still paint it - so would the waterford lads , when people on here can understand the history behind painting the rock over the station and know the pride both sides get out of "scalping it" and the criac thats had doing it . were not vandals , nor are the waterford lads - were just happy go lucky supporters who maybe and i say maybe go a little overboard at times - but when your proud of your county as much as we are (us and the waterford painters) we just have a focal point on that rock over the station. for sallypark - it wasnt permanent , it was goinf to be screwed down and taken home , its a pity it was smashed . but thats the past . we can always buy more plywood and nobody was physically hurt thats the main thing .

Was the rock always getting painted? it only the last few years i seen it getting done.

• Advertisement

Was the rock always getting painted? it only the last few years i seen it getting done.
    for last 8 years originally it was only 1m x 2m but it grew over the years to end up covering the whole rock . each time it was painted by both sides it got a few inches bigger and given that its been painted about 250 times in the 8 years by both sides thats why it now covers - the real winners here are the paint shops theyve made a fortune out of us all. thats why we now use plywood hahha cheaper .

Didnt realise it was 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

THEKTEAM wrote: »
    for last 8 years originally it was only 1m x 2m but it grew over the years to end up covering the whole rock . each time it was painted by both sides it got a few inches bigger and given that its been painted about 250 times in the 8 years by both sides thats why it now covers - the real winners here are the paint shops theyve made a fortune out of us all. thats why we now use plywood hahha cheaper .

haha using plywood cos its cheaper . haha.
    Jaysus I never thought about the paint shops, they must have made a mint from both sides alright haha .
    They obviously knew who ye where when ye called into the shop looking for the paint. wouldnt say to many people by black and amber paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think I have heard before that the Waterford paint is donated.

Think the KK paint was also been donated last year IIRC.

• Advertisement

Think the KK paint was also been donated last year IIRC.
    IIRC ?

IIRC ?
    If i remember correctly, IIRC is easier to say.

If i remember correctly, IIRC is easier to say.
    ok , but weve still no idea what or who IIRC is ? enlighten please ?

@Stig - sorry - bit slow there - got it now

ok , but weve still no idea what or who IIRC is ? enlighten please ?
    IF
    I
    Remember
    Correctly

@Stig - cheers - im new to this forum thing and all these abbreviations , im a wiser man tonight as i lay my head down :)

@Stig - sorry - bit slow there - got it now

No problem.

@Stig - cheers - im new to this forum thing and all these abbreviations , im a wiser man tonight as i lay my head down :)

Personally I think that you show there are no hard feelings between waterford and kilkenny and therefore should post a pic of you with a waterford jersey on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seany your a true legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Just wondering now that the "kteam" are on this thread what is their opinion on the sheds on the North Quay that had to be painted over because of the k team graffiti.

As I said earlier I think the intention behind most of this is fairly good natured and harmless but what it is developing into is vandalism that is being carried out by both sides.

Considering that the country is basically skint im sure both Councils could do without the cost of painting over graffiti in places like the sallypark road or the North Quays

• Advertisement

i havent got one to hand and iv just bought the new 11 KK jersey 65 bucks , but if anyone would like to loan one for the shoot id be more than happy to do it if it were to bring an extra bit of peace to things sure im the Koffi Annan of kilkenny hahahhaha Il do it if Sully does one in a KK jersey - ? :)

Il do it if Sully does one in a KK jersey - ? :)

Now that is an excellent idea.

ill wear a tipp one bahaha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'd do one in a KK jersey for the craic. Should send it into the local press for the laugh.

Sorry K Team, any chance you could comment on the slogans painted on the North Quay sheds ( not to mention Ard Ri ) that had to be covered up by Waterford city council.

In case you think Im having a go at you I think some of the stuff that has been done by Waterford "fans" is equally disgusting.

I dont mind banter but what is happening now on both sides is stupid.

Sully wrote: »
    I'd do one in a KK jersey for the craic. Should send it into the local press for the laugh.

No way ha class. Get to see do I know ya now so lol.

jad2007 wrote: »
    Just wondering now that the "kteam" are on this thread what is their opinion on the sheds on the North Quay that had to be painted over because of the k team graffiti.

As I said earlier I think the intention behind most of this is fairly good natured and harmless but what it is developing into is vandalism that is being carried out by both sides.

Considering that the country is basically skint im sure both Councils could do without the cost of painting over graffiti in places like the sallypark road or the North Quays
    the building on the north wharf was painted using a very watered down black paint - it took 1 man 1hr 15 minutes to wash it off - the whole building did not have to be repainted - and to be honest after getting 2 very wrong parking tickets which i argued with the city council i think were even on the cost of washing it off . cost them 25 odd euro to pay a guy for an hours odd work and they got 80 off me . were quits .

there isnt vandalism - vandalism is a permanent destructive act which requires a complete makeover or replacement , the kilkenny on the docks was simply washed off , the Kilkenny on the rock was only screwed on and not painted , and the rock over the train station is currently blue and white - not too many people complaining about those colours right now - and Kilkenny people never complain when its deise colours - we just smile and say ah sure the boys have got us again . see it for what it is - fun . when its destroyed something then call it vandalism . ps - the rock has been painted by both sides for 8 years now - why all the sudden attention now ?

Sully wrote: »
    damn you Sully you were supposed to say not a hope in hell .

Seany Biker youve got me in trouble here hahaha

damn you Sully you were supposed to say not a hope in hell .

Seany Biker youve got me in trouble here hahaha

I wonder what the kteam would think of all this.
    where's me spoon lol.

The Kilkenny on the docks was not washed off it was painted over. Ill take a photo tomorrow if you like.

Again my point is I dont really care what either side do to the rock but can people not see that

1. The vandalisim is spreading on both sides

2. What example does it give kids when they see grown men painting on buildings.

• Advertisement

jad2007 wrote: »

2. What example does it give kids when they see grown men painting on buildings.

That they to can grow up to be painters and decorators.

There was probably about 15 county council fella's down with the painter fella anyways having a cup of tea and a chat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement