Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Misery @ Sallypark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

I must say I'm enjoying TheKteams amusing , if rather narrow minded & parochial witterings on this thread.

We in Waterford , of course , are far more visionary & all encompassing when it comes to sport & have given the world such great sportsmen as Sean Kelly , our olympic gold medallist Peter O'Conner & silver medallist & World Cross Country Champion John Treacey & of course when it comes to the world's most popular game we have produced names such as John O'Shea & Jim Beglin ( both of whom played in Champions League finals- in Jim's case it was still known as the European Cup Final ) & of course the great Waterford football families - the Hales , Coads & Fitzgeralds & the Hunts.

Is Kilkenny's greatest ever footballer - Michael Reddy still playing for Grimsby:)

In fairness Kilkenny have a great Hurling team ( 2nd only to Tipp ) & are quite entitled to slag us as we would them if the boot was on the other foot but let us never forget that when it comes to sportsmen who contributed on the world stage the Kilkenny are in the halpenny place !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deise blue wrote: »
    I must say I'm enjoying TheKteams amusing , if rather narrow minded & parochial witterings on this thread.

We in Waterford , of course , are far more visionary & all encompassing when it comes to sport & have given the world such great sportsmen as Sean Kelly , our olympic gold medallist Peter O'Conner & silver medallist & World Cross Country Champion John Treacey & of course when it comes to the world's most popular game we have produced names such as John O'Shea & Jim Beglin ( both of whom played in Champions League finals- in Jim's case it was still known as the European Cup Final ) & of course the great Waterford football families - the Hales , Coads & Fitzgeralds & the Hunts.

Is Kilkenny's greatest ever footballer - Michael Reddy still playing for Grimsby:)

In fairness Kilkenny have a great Hurling team ( 2nd only to Tipp ) & are quite entitled to slag us as we would them if the boot was on the other foot but let us never forget that when it comes to sportsmen who contributed on the world stage the Kilkenny are in the halpenny place !

hahahaha.jpg

that sir was an excellent post. I salute you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 THEKTEAM

jad2007 wrote: »
    The Kilkenny on the docks was not washed off it was painted over. Ill take a photo tomorrow if you like.

Again my point is I dont really care what either side do to the rock but can people not see that

1. The vandalisim is spreading on both sides

2. What example does it give kids when they see grown men painting on buildings.
    please point out to me the spreading vandalism that has occoured this year and what locations it has occoured at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Well done there seize blue....puts some perspective on the banter....

first of all were talking hurling here - soccer and great sportspeople are on another thread . second of all we never slagged or berated the waterford team or its supporters (please read this thread properly- its about us being vandals in the name of hurling rivalry) with regards to great sports people from waterford i wouldnt really know because i dont recognise any other sport bar hurling - in my eyes great footballers , boxers ,swimmers and champions in all other codes are failed hurlers , they werent good enough or to soft for the game hence other sports were born to accomodate their athletic need to compete. as for being narrow minded - how very dare you sir i challenge you to a duel at dawn - chosen weapon of choice "36" hurls with Kilkenny style bas" none of that big ben and jerry bas cork style attrocitie . 6 am at the clock tower

• Advertisement

THEKTEAM wrote: »
    - how very dare you sir i challenge you to a duel at dawn - chosen weapon of choice "36" hurls with Kilkenny style bas" none of that big ben and jerry bas cork style attrocitie . 6 am at the clock tower

Ah jaysus that was hilarious. I can imagine you being offended and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

@ Kteam

lets see

First there was the rock and then we had several buildings on the North Quay. We had the Ard Ri ( que cries of "but it was already vandalised") and then we had Mount Misery.

TBH i am not going to post in this thread anymore its obvious that you see nothing wrong with it and nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise. I really dont care what colours people paint their own property but just dont see any excuse when people start messing around with other peoples property.

Goodnight and goodbye

The Kilkenny on the docks was not washed off it was painted over. Ill take a photo tomorrow if you like.

Again my point is I dont really care what either side do to the rock but can people not see that

1. The vandalisim is spreading on both sides

2. What example does it give kids when they see grown men painting on buildings.

again please excluding the north wharf (which was last year) privide details of where these locations have been vandalised since thus providing proof that it is spreading .
    2 - it shows Kids that when a country is on its knees and people are losing their jobs left right and centre that a bit of painting associated with hurling craic and banter can give 13 Waterford City Council workers a days work , personally we would have done it free if the paint had been provided , but with regards to your statement it had to be painted - your incorrect , they first powerwashed off the writing and the building was fine , there was no trace of the paint left , how do i know - i was sitting in my car across from shaws watching it happen . took them 75mins aprox . there was no need to paint it - usless waste of waterford city tax payers money painting a direlect building thats gonna be knocked down .

i was sitting in my car across from shaws watching it happen . took them 75mins aprox .
    You cheeky pup. Get outta our town and dont be using waterford to spy on people. you prevert lol.

@ Kteam

lets see

First there was the rock and then we had several buildings on the North Quay. We had the Ard Ri ( que cries of "but it was already vandalised") and then we had Mount Misery.

TBH i am not going to post in this thread anymore its obvious that you see nothing wrong with it and nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise. I really dont care what colours people paint their own property but just dont see any excuse when people start messing around with other peoples property.

Goodnight and goodbye
    oh dont run off when you know youve no wind in your sails , there was 1 building on the quays ONE , i know we painted it . the rock has been painted for 7 years now and if all on both sides were to be prosecuted wed become martyrs on both sides - bring it on , the Ard Ri is in Co Kilkenny too - im actually glad to see so many deise people so worried about the K Team Flag painted on the top of it and class it as vandalism but no mention of the Waterford ravers who tore the place apart broke every window and smashed the building to bits - then proceeded to post videos on youtube glorifying reckless and dangerous behaviour .

two words - well maybe 3 - rose tinted glasses .

goodnight to you madam

• Advertisement

first of all were talking hurling here - soccer and great sportspeople are on another thread . second of all we never slagged or berated the waterford team or its supporters (please read this thread properly- its about us being vandals in the name of hurling rivalry) with regards to great sports people from waterford i wouldnt really know because i dont recognise any other sport bar hurling - in my eyes great footballers , boxers ,swimmers and champions in all other codes are failed hurlers , they werent good enough or to soft for the game hence other sports were born to accomodate their athletic need to compete. as for being narrow minded - how very dare you sir i challenge you to a duel at dawn - chosen weapon of choice "36" hurls with Kilkenny style bas" none of that big ben and jerry bas cork style attrocitie . 6 am at the clock tower

6 a.m. at the Clock Tower it is - bring your passport , you will easy recognise me I will be the debonair , man of the world type , wearing a carnation in the button hold of my crombie - could I suggest that you wear some straw in your hair to make recognition easier ? ;)

Although it does seem a tad silly to defend yourself against an attack of being narrow minded when you state & I quote " I don't recognise any other sport bar hurling " - however I do accept that that mindset may be the Kilkenny equivalent of broad mindedness :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    You cheeky pup. Get outta our town and dont be using waterford to spy on people. you prevert lol.
    we got a nice breakfast roll in traceys and a coffee and a copy of the munster express to read while we were waiting for them to finish - yet again contributing to your local economy , we knew it was best to time the clean up operation as some day soon someone would come along and say it cost thousands when it cost 1 guy wages for an hour an a quarter . we know - we timed it .

as for your cheeky pup reference sir i take offence and i too challenge you to a duel at dawn - how very dare you call a cat a pup the shame ....

6 a.m. at the Clock Tower it is - bring your passport , you will easy recognise me I will be the debonair , man of the world type , wearing a carnation in the button hold of my crombie - could I suggest that you wear some straw in your hair to make recognition easier ? ;)

Although it does seem a tad silly to defend yourself against an attack of being narrow minded when you state & I quote " I don't recognise any other sport bar hurling " - however I do accept that that mindset may be the Kilkenny equivalent of broad mindedness :)
    you shall recognise me quite easily you toerag of a person , i have both shining blue eyes and flowing blonde hair that would make hitler himself smile from the grave , i shall be adorned in my prized black and amber jersey with a hurl crafted from an ash tree said to have been fed the blood of aincent celtic warriors and supposed tree where cu chualainn himself once peed against . i shall be ready for battle and shall show you your place amongst commoners who dewll under the docks in the north wharf reading old copies of the irish press

you shall recognise me quite easily you toerag of a person , i have both shining blue eyes and flowing blonde hair that would make hitler himself smile from the grave , i shall be adorned in my prized black and amber jersey with a hurl crafted from an ash tree said to have been fed the blood of aincent celtic warriors and supposed tree where cu chualainn himself once peed against . i shall be ready for battle and shall show you your place amongst commoners who dewll under the docks in the north wharf reading old copies of the irish press

So basically I should look for someone who looks like Mick Wallace in a Kilkenny jersey ?

for that sir - no quarter shall be given !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

when the de la salle colours were up on it a while ago i thought some cheeky fecker had painted cork colours and i was going to contact the k team to paint it black and amber again, even though im a waterford head!

few cans? wrote: »
    when the de la salle colours were up on it a while ago i thought some cheeky fecker had painted cork colours and i was going to contact the k team to paint it black and amber again, even though im a waterford head!
    lol ya plonker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

seanybiker wrote: »
    lol ya plonker

i had no credit so twas all good ;)

and as for the boys saying the roads in south kilkenny are defecated with waterford stuff, thats a load of bollocks i drives up and down to dublin nearly every weekend (on the old dublin road) and i never seen a speck of blue and white apart from the sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

please explain what law has been broken ? i am at my wits end to know which section and subsection i and we will be prosecuted under ?
    i admitted to fixing a plywood sign to a rockface Looking forward to your reply and the requested information .

Here's one for ya

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_protection/litter_law.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Lads, I started this thread about graffiti/vandalisim on Mount Misery, by that I include blue and white, yellow and black, tagging etc. I would like to see all the childish vandalisim stop as it is ugly. As is said at the start, all this behaviour leads to retaliations and a never ending circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

First off as it's a subject that interests me because I have heard it before but you really can't be so single minded to wave off all other types over hurling? How anyone can think that boxers have it easier then hurlers is beyond me. 95% of boxers don't make half the money that the top 5% do so you can't use money as an excuse.

Anyway, I digress. I'm all for painting the rock and I loved the Mullanimal thing getting kidnapped last year. It's banter and arguing over the where Waterford ends and Kilkenny begins is a moot point and frankly has nothing to do with it. But, going and painting ANYTHING else in county colors is a slippery slope because your going to get some scumbag on either side taking it too far and overstepping the mark. Hasn't happened yet but mark my words it will.

Keep it too the rock, IMHO if people think that doing anything else is Graffiti (and it's fairly obvious that they do) then nobody has any right to so much as paint brick in a wall without the property owners permission first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Oh yeah Mullanimal!! Did the WD lads manage to get him back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

ziedth wrote: »
    But, going and painting ANYTHING else in county colors is a slippery slope because your going to get some scumbag on either side taking it too far and overstepping the mark. Hasn't happened yet but mark my words it will.

Keep it too the rock, IMHO if people think that doing anything else is Graffiti (and it's fairly obvious that they do) then nobody has any right to so much as paint brick in a wall without the property owners permission first.

My firend, the slippery slope was slid down long ago - see the posts about how the graffiti up there was the thin edge of the wedge that led to the destruction of the ard ri.
    By your logic, the vandals should have obtained permission from the council before paining the rock, i'd also imagine planning permission would be involved.

Look at the end of the day, what is going on up there is antisocial behaviour and it certainly is ILLEGAL. A certain minority think it's great fuin though, but we are not all tribalistic GAA heads you know, its so petty and childish what they are going on about. There's bigger and better things in the world than feckin hurling.

Now, certain individuals have admitted to direct and some indirect involvement in this ILLEGAL activity. As such I call for the management of Boards.ie to pass on the identities of and the post by those individuals to the Gardai in waterford or ferrybank. I think it is a civic duty on the part of boards.ie to report illegal activity which has been disclosed on its forum.

And no' i'm not joking, i'm serious. This thing is a bad joke at this stage and we have to call a halt at some stage.

Might I quote the following from section 4 of the boards.ie terms of use;
    Terms of use
    4. What you agree to when joining Boards.ie
    Boards.ie is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only, except where otherwise authorised by us.
    You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:
    - post Material that promotes or encourages illegal activity
    Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines may result in deletions of posts, suspension of posting privileges, and/or complete banning.

As such the management should consider additional action such as deleting posts, banning etc against these individuals as they are quite clearly in breech of section 4.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah seriously now. :rolleyes:

Leave the moderation up to the mods, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The phrase "buzz kill" is thrown around a lot these days....

well whether its' vandalism of a rockface or houses or public buildings, it doesn't matter - its still illegal. I wonder would they be so laid back about it if it was their or their friends houses were being done.
    I just think it all looks very grubby and messy.
    Originally Posted by THEKTEAM
    please explain what law has been broken ? i am at my wits end to know which section and subsection i and we will be prosecuted under ?
    i admitted to fixing a plywood sign to a rockface Looking forward to your reply and the requested information .
    Here's one for ya

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...itter_law.html

And here's another one in addition to littering laws , you would also need planning permission for a sign that is not located on a premesis that you own/rent/occupy. I'd imagine many parts of section 9 of this planning guid were breeched.
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Planning/FileDownLoad,1588,en.pdf

Not to mention the liability and you would face if the wind blew the sign down and it went through somones windscreen or clocked somone on the head. Manslughter by negligence could be a possibility.
    In short, you must think of possible consequences of you actions before you act.

I'm done here now, this thread is giving me high blood pressure.
    good Bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sully wrote: »
    Ah seriously now. :rolleyes:

Leave the moderation up to the mods, thanks.

Ideed,

Report a post if you have a problem and we'll discuss it and make a decision.

Bards wrote: »
    see here we go again - all you can do is post a link - simply because you dont know the law - so yet again il be helpful and help explain a few things .
    The Litter Pollution Act, 1997, as amended by the Waste Management (Amendment) Act 2001 and the Protection of the Environment Act 2003, introduced strong penalties in Ireland to help combat the problems of litter pollution more effectively. At no point did we litter any place The definition of 'litter' under this legislation is quite wide and extends from casual pieces of paper or cigarette ends to anything large or small that is, or is likely to become, unsightly. well according to this - the scoreboard in croke park falls under the litter act as unsightly as the 2008 final score was unsightly to all waterford persons who attended the game - but on the other hand it was a sight to behold by all Kilkenny people in the same context the Kilkenny sign which was errected was unsightly to some Waterford people - but a Joy to behold by Kilkenny people - very arguable in court under this law and i believe we would win our case based on the facts that it was not litter in the first place it was a temporary sign affixed to a rockface - which became litter after the waterford lads broke it into bits and threw it around the place - so maybe you should rename this thread - Waterford Vandals destroy and Litter Kilkenny rockface . im only giving you facts in an efort to try and show you the law .
    Your local authority is responsible for implementing the litter laws in your area. This means it is responsible for the prevention and control of litter and has the power to take enforcement action against people who break or ignore these laws. Your local authority is responsible for keeping public places that are under its control, (including public roads), clear of litter as far as is practicably possible. Iv altready posted the contact details for the correct governing local authority and gardai This includes the arrangement of cleansing programmes and the provision and emptying of litter bins. Gardai also have the power to issue on-the-spot fines for litter offences. We will be forwarding the photos we have of the destructive and childish vandals who broke the sign and littered the place in sallypark with debris to thomastown gardai and we will be seeking extradition to the Kilkenny courts
    Each local authority is obliged to prepare a litter management plan for its own area. This plan sets out the local authority's objectives to prevent and control litter as well as measures to encourage public awareness of litter. The plan must also set out the measures and arrangements by which the authority intends to achieve its objectives. In preparing a litter management plan, the local authority is obliged to consult with local community and voluntary interests before a plan is adopted by the council members.
    Again please define = seeming as you were so very informative in quoting about prosecutions where under the litter act we would be prosecuted ? and please remember under the main wording UNSIGHTLY that this does not apply to a sign that is found to be offensive to somebody from one county but ok to the inhabitants of the other 31 counties - now however and i hope the moderators will allow me to use this word in context to explain unsightly - had we put up in same size the word "FANNY" now that would be considered unsightly and offensive to all women - and in a lighter side be considered as sexually explicit - while all men would have a great laugh - it would be a prosecutable offence and we wouldnt have a leg to stand on in court - but the word KILKENNY on an Kilkenny rockface that overlooks waterford is nothing more than a pain in a few peoples as**s because they are too bitter over a game of hurling to see it for what it is - a craic .

stop posting links to the full article at least have the kahunas to define in the waste management act where we would be prosecuted - i could easily post a link to the Irish Book of Statutes and claim under our freedon of expression we were entitled to put our sign on puublic land !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I have posted the relevant act and legislation - I am not going to repeat myself, If you think you are not Littering as defined by the Act, then that is your prerogative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement