Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Misery @ Sallypark

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

Just peeping back in to say, i have no bitterness about a game of hurling or anything. I'm not even from waterford but Tipperary, and in fact i have absolutely no interest whatesoever in hurling or GAA. I don't even know the name of the tipperary captain or manager. the only player i know is brenda cummins because he lives nearby. So my gripes are nothing to to with some silly childish GAA clanishness that "thekteam" seems so preoccupied with.

Jeez man, get a life, there bigger things in the world than the feckin GAA. you should get out and experience somthing other than alcohol fuelled GAA piss ups for once. It might open your mind a bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ah seriously lads, if you have such a problem with this, and it really seems that it is something that bothers you a lot, then go to the Gardai or the County Council, what do you think ranting on boards is going to achieve?

The K Team think what they're doing is a bit of banter, nothing serious (and i'd have to agree) so I don't think quoting legislation etc is going to make them change their ways so just get over it, if you're not going to do anything proactive to stop the "vandalism" then you don't really have a lot of moral high ground to stand on.

There are bigger things in the world than a bit of feckin banter so get out and experience something other than moaning about it. It might open your mind a bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Okay, this thread is going around in circles. Both sides have made their points very clearly. I'd wonder are some people purposely trolling at this point. I don't see any other grounds about the rights and wrongs which has not been discussed, or at least needs to be discussed.

That probably means this thread is now pointless. Ill see how it runs from this point onwards, but less of the "ITS WRONG" and "ITS RIGHT!" posts. Your both right, or wrong, or whatever.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Whether it is right or wrong - it is bloody ignorant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah someone just lock this now because it'll keep going in circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You know what's coming next don't you?.................. It's Begrudgery!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'll begrduge yer head through the wall in a minute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

THEKTEAM wrote: »
    first of all were talking hurling here - soccer and great sportspeople are on another thread . second of all we never slagged or berated the waterford team or its supporters (please read this thread properly- its about us being vandals in the name of hurling rivalry) with regards to great sports people from waterford i wouldnt really know because i dont recognise any other sport bar hurling - in my eyes great footballers , boxers ,swimmers and champions in all other codes are failed hurlers , they werent good enough or to soft for the game hence other sports were born to accomodate their athletic need to compete. as for being narrow minded - how very dare you sir i challenge you to a duel at dawn - chosen weapon of choice "36" hurls with Kilkenny style bas" none of that big ben and jerry bas cork style attrocitie . 6 am at the clock tower

I can arrange a meeting with Irish boxing captain Darren O' Neill if you'd like to say it to his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

first of all were talking hurling here - soccer and great sportspeople are on another thread . second of all we never slagged or berated the waterford team or its supporters (please read this thread properly- its about us being vandals in the name of hurling rivalry) with regards to great sports people from waterford i wouldnt really know because i dont recognise any other sport bar hurling - in my eyes great footballers , boxers ,swimmers and champions in all other codes are failed hurlers , they werent good enough or to soft for the game hence other sports were born to accomodate their athletic need to compete. as for being narrow minded - how very dare you sir i challenge you to a duel at dawn - chosen weapon of choice "36" hurls with Kilkenny style bas" none of that big ben and jerry bas cork style attrocitie . 6 am at the clock tower
    So are you an accomplished hurler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 THEKTEAM

Boooourns wrote: »
    I can arrange a meeting with Irish boxing captain Darren O' Neill if you'd like to say it to his face.
    in know nothing about boxing an d im not a voilent person, iv a right to express my freedom of speech once i do not direct it at an individual in a hatefull manner . with regards to freedom of speech il be as good as as you guys and post a link http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/home.html you can find it in there the read is always good .

We in Kilkenny are loving people - weve always tried our best to be good neighbours - fun - sporting and supportive of yer local economy !!! im at my wits end as to why ye have to continually berate and call us bad names cant ye just get over it - the answer to all yer problems is not cured with "dya want yer go bai" i havent see anyone giving out about the waterford lads on here - your only a vandal if your from Kilkenny and a Hero if your from Waterford . King solomen believed he owned everything he saw and to his downfall as he died he realised his eyes saw more than he owned .

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    You know what's coming next don't you?.................. It's Begrudgery!!!!
    never mentioned the word but seeming as your the first to bring it in here - could you argue that it was anything else but ?

So are you an accomplished hurler?
    iv played enough to say iv earned the right to call myself a player - never made it to the county team - but as you know theres so much good competition for places and so much talent its a small line that seperates those who make the panel from those who dont .

and yourself ? any hurling experience apart form a bar stool and the sunday game ?

ok guys - im gonna end my participation in this thread here , iv argued the statements against us with both facts and quotes from the laws and posted relevant information to back up my statements , at no point did i offend anyone or abuse anyone , but to those who will not take into account the actual law , the actual boundry lines , the actuall events that have taken place - then im not going to go round and round in circles repeating myself - its clear you just want to continue to draw childish arguments and ignore the facts when placed in front of you.

thanks to the Mods on here - fair play lads ye do do a decent job on keeping things even and between the lines .

and to those of ye who just want to read what you type because you think you know what you type is right just because you typed it - see ye next year for the criac - LONG LIVE THE GOOD FUN AND BANTER BETWEEN WATERFORD AND KILKENNY PEOPLE WHOM HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY GOD - WITH A SENSE OF HUMOUR .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Licking the mods arses now. Have you no shame.
    Lol have a good one bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

in know nothing about boxing an d im not a voilent person, iv a right to express my freedom of speech once i do not direct it at an individual in a hatefull manner . with regards to freedom of speech il be as good as as you guys and post a link http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/home.html you can find it in there the read is always good .

We in Kilkenny are loving people - weve always tried our best to be good neighbours - fun - sporting and supportive of yer local economy !!! im at my wits end as to why ye have to continually berate and call us bad names cant ye just get over it - the answer to all yer problems is not cured with "dya want yer go bai" i havent see anyone giving out about the waterford lads on here - your only a vandal if your from Kilkenny and a Hero if your from Waterford . King solomen believed he owned everything he saw and to his downfall as he died he realised his eyes saw more than he owned .

Here's another link that might help you out...http://www.kidsspell.com/.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

... and we're done.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement