Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't remove 2 pin fluorescent bulb

• 09-08-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

Hi all

When I try to remove this bulb from my kitchen ceiling light it sounds and feels like the fitting is coming away with it, is there some trick to removing it? I thought it was just like pulling out a plug?

Thanks in advance

Andy

[IMG][/img]33u5vds.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I'm not familiar with that particular fitting, but I would guess it's like the holders for fluorescent tubes -- the lamp has to be rotated through 90 degrees before it will drop out as the holder only releases it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ART6 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with that particular fitting, but I would guess it's like the holders for fluorescent tubes -- the lamp has to be rotated through 90 degrees before it will drop out as the holder only releases it then.

Thanks but I just gave it a really hard and fast tug downwards and it came out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Advertisement