Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire HD 5450 1GB DDR3

Options
  • 09-08-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Currently looking for a new graphics card for my Acer Aspire x3200. I wont be playing any games on it so it doesn't have to be a high end card. Its just for work purposes really which is running Photoshop and dreamweaver and maybe the odd DVD. The basic card I have is currently ok but I want to be able to use 2 monitors as when your designing a website its easier to have the backend on one screen and the front end on the other.

I've looked around at alot of cards in the last few days and all the reviews for the 5450 seem to be good enough and it will support dual monitors. Has anyone used this card before? Good or bad? Has anyone upgraded the graphics card in this machine before? The machine is a small form machine so the card has to be a low profile card.

Link to card on Amazon

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Changing the card in that box would be easy, but as you say it has to be low profile.

That particular card looks fine. Its passively cooled though so make sure there is ok airflow before putting it in(do a quick dusting). You actually could use a single out card + the onboard if you wanted, but you may as well get the above as that'd give you up to 4 outs should you ever need them(3 screens are popular with some designers).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Thanks for the comments, went ahead and ordered it so should be here today or tomorrow.

3 screens would be handy, have 2 at the minute so might upgrade to 3 in the future at some time.

Advertisement