Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biddy early brewery in Inagh

• 09-08-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Somebody told me that the Biddy Early brewery in Inagh doesn't exist anymore.
    Which is strange since when I last passed through Inagh I remember to have seen it.
    Does anyone know more?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The bar is there, I don't think the brewery is anymore unfortunately, I was fond of a bit of the blonde Biddy myself from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Premises sold in March 2009, no brewery there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Ah, shugar...
    But what about the announcement on the website?
    http://www.beb.ie/
    Looks like "coming back soon"?

Thanks anyway. I like small breweries or any small artisan producers, it's a shame when they cease existing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's a new one in Lisdoonvarna started up. Burren Brews.

I like the idea of independent breweries but I haven't been that impressed by their output in this country, other than the Porter House in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

There's a new one in Lisdoonvarna started up. Burren Brews.

I like the idea of independent breweries but I haven't been that impressed by their output in this country, other than the Porter House in Dublin.

Have you tried:
    - Galway Hooker
    - Metalman
    - White Gypsy?

That's no offence to any others out there, they are just three that come to mind as producing excellent beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The bar in Inagh is called Dillons now. They serve food there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

The last time I visited there when it was still 'Biddy Early's', the proprietor told me that locals didn't drink their beer much because they (the locals) were too conservative with their choice of beer. He said most of his sales were by export to the U.S.! The beer wasn't bad but it wasn't 'real ale', it was pressurised with CO2 and not drawn by a proper handpump. It used to be available in bottles in Cogan's bar in Miltown Malbay, but again, the locals (except me) didn't want it! I despair!

Advertisement