Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qca too low for co-op placement ??

Options
  • 09-08-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

whats happens if you dont have a high enough qca for co-op placement.

Im a mature student, about to start 2nd year. I had been out of the school system for 13 years, I didnt do a leaving cert when I left....so i struggled through first year, by the time I got into the swing of things and developed a learning style and study techniques it was a bit late to have scored well in exams... I know now going into 2nd year how to approach my study from now on and aim to do as well as i can going forward...

Trouble is co-op placement is dependant on qca of 2.5 or above I think, I'm 2.0 currently,

What can I do, is there anything, I know there is an co-op exemption available for matures with kids etc, I have one child....but I'd love to do a co-op for experience in my new career field...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Are you sure about the 2.5 or above thing? I was just above 2.0 when I was on co-op. This was in 2007, so the rules might have changed since...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

whats happens if you dont have a high enough qca for co-op placement.

Im a mature student, about to start 2nd year. I had been out of the school system for 13 years, I didnt do a leaving cert when I left....so i struggled through first year, by the time I got into the swing of things and developed a learning style and study techniques it was a bit late to have scored well in exams... I know now going into 2nd year how to approach my study from now on and aim to do as well as i can going forward...

Trouble is co-op placement is dependant on qca of 2.5 or above I think, I'm 2.0 currently,

What can I do, is there anything, I know there is an co-op exemption available for matures with kids etc, I have one child....but I'd love to do a co-op for experience in my new career field...

QCAs start over in second year so you shouldn't be disadvantaged WRT coop.

Advertisement