Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moving to Oz on job sponsorship?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is making the move to Oz on the back of successfully getting a job while applying from Ireland?

I understand it is quite expensive for a company to sponsor somebody for a permanent visa. Is it only certain professions, e.g. medical, that someone could likely gain job sponsorship? Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I'm heading to Sydney on a 457 visa next week. I'm in the fire engineering field & was contacted through linkedin website 4-5 months ago. Dine a few interviews on skype at 2am & was successful!
    Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod OP your question about what jobs are clearly outlined on the thread Australia FAQ - This probably has the visa question you are just about to ask.

Are my skills enough to migrate under the 175 or 457?
    How can I get sponsored by an Australian firm for Temporary residence?
    Do I need an agent to do this for me?
    How much does this cost?

It is harder to get sponsorship from Ireland, but not impossible
    I am going to close this thread, as these are just repeat questions.
    I would suggest searching the forum for any questions you may have

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement