Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 month old on 2 bottles is this ok?

• 09-08-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I have a 15 month old daughter and she is on 2 bottles of toddler milk a day.

She gets 2 four ounce bottles one in the morning and one before bed.
    When should I cut this down to one bottle?

Thanks
    Tara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Whenever you want, she doesn't <i>need</i> toddler milk, in my opinion they're just a gimmick made by the formula companies to make more money. As long as she has a healthy balanced diet she should be getting all the nutrients she needs from that and could easily do without the toddler milk. They're also full of sugar :\

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Our lad has the same amount still (18 months). You can swap it out for cow's milk if concerned about the sugar. Keep the milk drink going though. It's a handy way to get the calcium into them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

once she has a balanced diet that is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My son is 2 and a half years and he gets 2 a day. Whatever works for you is all that matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

You can cut down whenever you and your daughter are ready. My fella's 2 and up to only recently he was on two bottles, night and morning ones. The public health nurse told us to cut both bottles out at his 18 month developmental, but it suited us to keep it as it was because, he wouldn't go to sleep unless he got his night time bottle and his morning bottle meant we had an extra few snooze minutes in the morning while he drank it ;)

You might think of changing to cows milk though...that toddler milk must be a drain on your pocket? She'd be well able for cows milk now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Bashful

Thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Yeah our nearly 2 and a half toddler still has 2 bottles of regular milk a day. First thing in the morning and before bed at night. It's quite funny when she wanders into us barely awake and asking for a bottle. If its's before about 6.30 am we tell her it's too early. But nice to have a few minutes snoozing when she does have it then. I think it could be a good while before it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My 2 year old took a bottle of cows milk every night before bed till about 2 weeks ago. It was brilliant, a really handy bedtime routine, the warm milk totally relaxed him and got him in sleep mode. The only reason we stopped is because he decided himself that he doesn't want one anymore.

Storytime is great but 'read it again' is becoming his favourite phrase

Tried her with cows milk this morning she didn't like it.
    I might try heat it up as I gave it to her cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Even heat it enough to take the chill out of it... my daughters won't drink it cold but will take it at room temp or warmer. You can mix half formula and half cows milk and then up the cows milk every day until it's all cows milk to get her used to it also.

• Advertisement

Thanks January I will try that.

Advertisement