Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRD cadence aero

• 09-08-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Just wondering anyone usig these rims, about to buy a set to replace my dt 585 the heavy weight from the dt's is annoying me very slow to pick up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I was considering them for a wheel build but I went for the Stans ZTR Alphas instead (just arrived). Cost was about the same, but my rational was that if I was going aero I should go aero (deep section carbon) and if I was going light weight then to go for that. Having said that, the IRD's are supposed to be a bit stronger with less flex if you are heavier, and I fit within the ZTR and Extralite recommended tolerances.

I was reading up on WW that people were able to build the IRD's with less spokes for a given flex than the ZTR, so that is a consideration if you have low spoke count hubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

spoke counts are kinda high, im doing 24 front and 28 rear , found the rims on sale in sweden for 54 euro plus 8 euro shipping

i should be dropping almost 300g if i swap out rims and and spokes, which i feel is a hell of a lot on wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

That is a good price all right. What is the rim depth on them? The ZTR's are 22.5 and aero shaped unlike the ksyriums but the IRD are way more aero. I have a set of Rolf Vectors that look like the IRD and they are pretty stiff but not overly light nowadays. They are about 10 years old and still true.

24/28 is what I got in the ZTR's and they are coming in (subject to confirmation) at 1209g which is a massive drop for me from the 1650 claimed ksyriums. I'd have a read on Weight Weenies - there are a few wheel build threads there using IRDs - probably better than me shouting about ZTR's :D Honestly, I'm just glad to talk about something other than Deep Section Carbons... I'll still have wheel envy until I own a set...

irds are 30mm deep and 21mm wide, im putting my pt hubs on them, looked at the stans all right but at 100 euro a pop for the rims the irds will do, my build will come in at 1815g or which aint bad for powertap

all ready have deep section for racing but will race the irds when the weather is ****ty , felt the heavier dt 585's have let me down the last time i raced and cost me a place due the late pick up from the heavy rim, they had no sap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I have an IRD Cadence Aero 30mm rear wheel with PowerTap Pro built in. Have found it to be an excellent wheel, feels fast but is sturdy too - I'm over 90kg and it's stayed very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I build up a pair of wheels using these rims (actually the Kinlin XR300 rims, which are the same)
    I got them from Taiwan for $35 from this guy.. He's a very good seller and the shipping is reasonable and fast. I got lucky with customs. If you are out at Mondello tonight, you can have a look at them

I'm in the process of building up the tubular version now.

seen your wheels didnt know what they where since they had no decals

Advertisement