If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Telly Time!

Options
  • 09-08-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My 30th is coming up next week and I've been told to pick a telly for my present!! Budget will be 400-500 range (I may add a little myself depending!)

So I've been looking at the LG series and I'm looking at about the 42" size.
    Going to be used for Saorview and a will be plugged to a HTPC so I'll be watching lots of HD.

Recommend me something Richersounds and thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Buzz.

The best value LCD is the LG 42LK450 which is 449 Euro.

This is their entry level LCD. A decent screen, but personally, I would go for the LG 42PW450 3D plasma. The 3D is an added bonus but the picture on the plasma is more natural and handles motion a lot better.

It's priced at 470 Euro.

There are a few dealers who are charging a lot more for this screen, but I think it's the best value for money.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/lg/42pw450t/lg-42pw450

Let me know what you think.

Delivery would be 30 Euro. The 5 year at home warranty would be 47 Euro.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Dave,

Thanks for the info. The plasma looks good alright but it's very hard to find reviews online. Will it make a big difference only being 720 and not 1080 when connected to PC / used for blueray?

Also how much would an extra set of glasses be?

Finally, if ordered today how soon will I have it in Naas, Kildare... you know I'd only love it for the weekend ;-)

Ross

Lads,

I just want to say a huge thank you to the crew of RicherSounds. I took a spin up yesterday (1hr 50 from Naas) to the shop in Belfast to collect my telly. I went for the plasma 3d in the end. Not only is the TV absolutely amazing, with a brilliant picture and surprisingly good 2d - 3d conversion, but the lads in the shop really know their stuff and are nothing other than helpful professional and friendly. I'm sure they deal with the same stupid question from customers like me every day but they take the time to explain the answers and really come across well.

Richersounds, I shall be visiting more often!

Thanks again.

Hi BuzzFish.

Thank you very much for your kind comments!!

We do our very best to keep up to date on all our products and take time for all our customers.

Should you need anything else or have and questions please just drop us a line.

Tis some telly.

Thanks again.... off to watch some more random rubbish....

• Advertisement

Hey BuzzFish.

No problem at all!!! ;)

I'm glad you are enjoying your purchase.

If you need anything else or have any further questions just drop us a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Will this telly work with Saorview? Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Will this telly work with Saorview? Thanks

Yes 100% no problem..

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.