Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hard drive freezes and slows my games.

• 09-08-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I tried clearing the cache. When I remove the HDD the games work fine. Should I format my HDD or is there a better solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

how old is the hdd, it might be getting on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

It's not really old. Maybe 18 months or so. An Elite version. If I format it will that sort the issue out? If I transfer my gamertag and saves to an external HD will there be any negative consequences if I format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

once you can move everything, some stuff won't move though, well wouldn't for me before maybe they changed that,

once you move it all just format it, you'll have to download all game updates again when connecting to live but formatting will just set the hdd to stock,

if your problems contuine it's the hdd just getting worn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Well it worked. I guess I had some corrupted data or something on my HDD. Now I just have to spend half a day downloaded four years worth of downloads.

Advertisement