Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie at running, a few problems.

Options
  • 09-08-2011 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I started running in earnest about 6 weeks ago, aiming for a 10K race. I've never really done any running before, so I know very little about it. Going well so far, but I've noticed a few problems hopefully someone here can help me with.

1) Chafing - Between my legs, sweaty thigh skin touches off the opposite sweaty thigh and its causing burns. My skin has changed colour to a pinky-purple and is kindof weepy. What can I do to stop this?

2) Sore back - My lower back does be killing me sometimes after a run. Is this common? Am I leaning too far over when running? I have a nice beer belly, is that the cause of it? How can I help this?

3) Sore anal muscle - I'm not joking, its like someone was holding a candle to it. Always after a run. Is this common? What can I do about it?

Any help or insight would be appreciated folks. I'm really proud of the progress I've made, and I dont want to have to stop because of any of the above painful reasons. Thank you, Newmug.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I can't really tell you much about 2 and 3, but you might want to look into buying some sort of compression shorts to wear underneath your shorts / tracksuit bottoms when you run. They should stop the chaffing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Dathai wrote: »
    I can't really tell you much about 2 and 3, but you might want to look into buying some sort of compression shorts to wear underneath your shorts / tracksuit bottoms when you run. They should stop the chaffing.

Compression shorts, what are they? Where would you get them?

Advertisement